Appendix carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You say that until you pop a 230 grain HST into your foot and become immobile. Let alone cap your femoral. I never cared much about vehicle defense until an attempted car jacking taking my daughter to school. Also found out not carrying a round in the chamber because i would have time to work the action is a myth
"An unloaded gun is a club". - SPDGUNS

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No i have had my Miata on the range running vehicle drills many times. No problem drawing running the wheel and engaging targets from the seated position using strong side carry. drawing from seated with appendix means muzzle points at my feet and if you do not lift to the wheel before crossing over you muzzle your groin. Try it take your vehicle down to your range setup some targets outside the drivers door and engage them both from seated using both carry methods hard not to see the increased inherent danger of appendix carry during vehicle defense. It's why most top schools teaching vehicle defense will not allow that style of carry.
Map pocket door carry for the win unless by your definition they come up on the passenger side.
Ever fired a gun inside a vehicle without hearing protection? Not a pleasant experience by any measure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom