Appendix carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion and almost every opinion can be backed up with reasons why it's the ONLY one that matters. It's like facts. I can always come up with statistics to back up the "facts". Enuff said about that.
Well said, druryj. Some of us aren't able to afford the "latest and greatest" in self-defense equipment. I can't afford to spend $750-$1,000 for a gun and a holster. Does that mean I shouldn't find what works for me that I can afford?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well said, druryj. Some of us aren't able to afford the "latest and greatest" in self-defense equipment. I can't afford to spend $750-$1,000 for a gun and a holster. Does that mean I shouldn't find what works for me that I can afford?

How much does a g2whatever cost?
Ok $200 ish and it gets decent reviews for being reliable in the how many months it’s been out??

This article is a great reason why you DO and SHOULD buy a name, a proven design even if it means get a used piece.
I’ll never Buy a Taurus semi.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ecame-the-only-product-that-can-t-be-recalled

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok $200 ish and it gets decent reviews for being reliable in the how many months it’s been out??

This article is a great reason why you DO and SHOULD buy a name, a proven design even if it means get a used piece.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ecame-the-only-product-that-can-t-be-recalled
I have seen all manner of tauri fall apart in training classes ,I have never ever seen a taurus make it through a 2 day training class (800-1200 rnds) and I can't remember ever seeing one make it through a one day class (400-600) but if a guy is happy with subpar fine but Don't complain when a quality holster maker doesn't make holsters for subpar crap

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

True, but if you’re not willing or able to spend more that $200 for a pistol to protect your life I seriously doubt you would spend over $100 for a quality holster by any maker. How many rounds do you have thru that Taurus so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I get that. But seriously, why do you have to go all the way from a $250 gun combo to a "$750-$1,000 for a gun and a holster" statement. I'm sorry if I offended you. I've been fortunate to be able to afford the purchase of guns, supporting equipment, ammo, and training to devote to the pistol craft. The statements I made were intended to help pass on some of the knowledge I have gained through my experiences. I've seen gun after gun fail in classes in one way or another. It doesn't always have to do with price. I think I've seen as many Kimbers fail as anything. People even invest large amounts of money to get Glocks to fail.

It that is all you can afford, fine. Clarify your statements that a budget is the primary consideration. Keepers Concealment is top-shelf for the targeted application. I would have pushed you toward a used Shield and a Keepers Errand (if AIWB is your desire) and you would have been in for $325. You don't have to go to $750. On my hip right now, I am carrying a 1st Gen M&P Full Size in a Milt Spark VMII Holster. You can get into that used ~ $350 gun, $150 for a new holster.

Taurus does not have a good track record. I admit the G2C does look a bit promising. It may be acceptable, but they have an uphill battle to overcome all of the negatives. I also do not recommend a manual safety for anything be a SA gun.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

Every wish you could just keep mashing the like button and it would keep adding your name time after time?

This is why I won’t buy a Remington 700 , not now not ever! I only own one old shotgun from them and it is for sale.
That is a heck of a jump to put Remington 700s in the same boat with any Taurus made gun or Taurus as a whole. Over 5 million 700s and its been in production 57 years. The 700 is a workhorse regardless of the issues Remington has had in recent years. It may not be the flashiest weapon system out now but its a heck of a rifle.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every wish you could just keep mashing the like button and it would keep adding your name time after time?

That is a heck of a jump to put Remington 700s in the same boat with any Taurus made gun or Taurus as a whole. Over 5 million 700s and its been in production 57 years. The 700 is a workhorse regardless of the issues Remington has had in recent years. It may not be the flashiest weapon system out now but its a heck of a rifle.
In regards to remington, i have had 3 bad rifles, crooked scope mount, bent barrel, mashed rifling, but my current one?
Sub moa and i was able to push it (308) to over 1k yards with 155 hand loads......i have seen both horrible 700s that deserve to be melted into paper weights but i have also seen it blow any expectations out of the water.

Sent via carrier pigeon

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that. But seriously, why do you have to go all the way from a $250 gun combo to a "$750-$1,000 for a gun and a holster" statement. I'm sorry if I offended you. I've been fortunate to be able to afford the purchase of guns, supporting equipment, ammo, and training to devote to the pistol craft. The statements I made were intended to help pass on some of the knowledge I have gained through my experiences. I've seen gun after gun fail in classes in one way or another. It doesn't always have to do with price. I think I've seen as many Kimbers fail as anything. People even invest large amounts of money to get Glocks to fail.

It that is all you can afford, fine. Clarify your statements that a budget is the primary consideration. Keepers Concealment is top-shelf for the targeted application. I would have pushed you toward a used Shield and a Keepers Errand (if AIWB is your desire) and you would have been in for $325. You don't have to go to $750. On my hip right now, I am carrying a 1st Gen M&P Full Size in a Milt Spark VMII Holster. You can get into that used ~ $350 gun, $150 for a new holster.

Taurus does not have a good track record. I admit the G2C does look a bit promising. It may be acceptable, but they have an uphill battle to overcome all of the negatives. I also do not recommend a manual safety for anything be a SA gun.

And I totally get what you’re saying. One of the really good things about OSA is having good, knowledgeable members who share both their knowledge and experience. And for that, I thank you. I’ll also agree that Keepers makes superb holsters. The last time I had the pleasure to shoot with @Old Phart, he brought several different ones with him so I could eye ball them. They are very well made, very sturdy holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my question is if you are using a $200 gun for personal protection. Then are you able to buy ammo and ever practice with it? To me ammo is the real cost overtime. Not the one time investment in the gun.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my question is if you are using a $200 gun for personal protection. Then are you able to buy ammo and ever practice with it? To me ammo is the real cost overtime. Not the one time investment in the gun.
Im with ya, you buy the gun one time, you pull the trigger you still have the gun but you're down 1 bullet.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Latest posts

Top Bottom