Apple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from Okie City and I am as mad as a wet hen. 240 mile round trip for NOTHING. Turns out that you had to have an appointment beforehand to work on my iPhone and I saw nothing about that on the Apple website. I asked if I could leave it there and then have them mail it back to me. The little snot that they had manning the entrance to make sure we all wore our masks like good little sheep, tried to explain it to me but wouldn't lower his mask so I could read his lips. I asked him to come over to the corner so we could talk and he ignored me

I am thinking about complaining to Apple about how I was treated. I got the impression that he thought I was a few cards short of the deck.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about their over-the-top masking, but it is what it is. I would the let store's manager know, though; presumably, the guy out front isn't supposed to leave that area, but they should've been able to make some kind of accommodation for your hearing loss. Failing to make an accommodation for a disability is one of those things that does seem to actually matter to the company.

I will also tell you that it's always better to make an appointment for service at an Apple Store, as they're normally swamped in the best of times. The anti-Rona measures just make it worse.

What's wrong with your phone? You might be able to get service from somewhere less...anal. If it's a battery, f'rinstance, you can get it replaced at Best Buy for the same price; you can even schedule it through Apple's Web site.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told my stepdaughter about it and she made a call to corporate. This has happened before to me when my wife had her first stroke. I couldn't hear what the people at OU were saying and a nurse asked if I was mentally retarded. When I would go out to eat with my late mother, waiters would ask her what I wanted.

Having to deal with the sensory and mobility issues that I do is bad enough, but people's attitudes are far worse.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about their over-the-top masking, but it is what it is. I would the let store's manager know, though; presumably, the guy out front isn't supposed to leave that area, but they should've been able to make some kind of accommodation for your hearing loss. Failing to make an accommodation for a disability is one of those things that does seem to actually matter to the company.

I will also tell you that it's always better to make an appointment for service at an Apple Store, as they're normally swamped in the best of times. The anti-Rona measures just make it worse.

What's wrong with your phone? You might be able to get service from somewhere less...anal. If it's a battery, f'rinstance, you can get it replaced at Best Buy for the same price; you can even schedule it through Apple's Web site.
Texting has shut off. With my hearing impairment, I need text capability.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never been a Apple or iAnthing. I let me wife, son and daughter mess with that. All I've ever done with my android/Samsung is use them. Not once have any of them fail me. Replaced one battery once on one that was 3 years old because it would hold a charge very long. Can't tell you how many batteries I've replaced on theirs and how many they had that the sound quit, or their address book has vanished. One of the three of them has something going on about every or every other month. Make the switch, you won't be sorry. Only draw back I've seen is that when a iOS device sends a video to and android, it will be blurry. If you're not dependent on iTunes and things like that, make the switch.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

My experience with Apple support has been pretty good. They replaced a phone when they didn't have to and have all kinds of ways to get support. On the web, phone, or Genius Bar appointment. They can also approve users for appointments at places like Best Buy if that is closer for you.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly given your location, I'd just go to Wichita, it's an hour closer for you. It's the same distance for us, we go to Wichita almost every time now. Roads are better less traffic, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom