Appleseed at Banner (Yukon/El Reno) March 26-27, 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attention shooters: Project Appleseed is returning to Canadian Ranges (aka the Banner Road Range) March 26-27, 2011. The range is a great location for anyone near the OKC area... it is just off I-40 between Yukon and El Reno, and is a half hour or less from OKC.

Come and hear the best instruction in the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship you will find anywhere, and re-connect with your American heritage. Appleseed teaches rifle marksmanship from traditional field positions, based around the Army Qualification Test course of fire. Appleseed also connects its marksmanship training with Revolutionary War history, and teaches the remarkable story of what happened on April 19, 1775 -- the day the professional British military was soundly defeated and driven from the field of battle by farmers, shopkeepers, craftsmen, and everyday folk who were fed up with tyranny. An amazing story that every American should know, but few do.

Anyone who qualifies Expert on the AQT is awarded our Rifleman's patch (see my avatar), and is eligible to join the ranks of volunteer instructors that make up the program.

Appleseed's goal is nothing less than turning this country back into a Nation of Riflemen. Participants will be taught all the skills necessary to pick up a rack-grade rifle with surplus ball ammunition and iron sights and hit man-sized targets out to 500 yards... the traditional Rifleman's Quarter Mile.

Everyone is encouraged to attend, no matter your skill level. Everyone from beginners to experts will benefit from the coaching and focus on the fundamentals. A semi-auto with detachable magazines is ideal for our course of fire, but any safe rifle will do. A .22 LR is fine, since we do most of our shooting on 25m Army qual. targets, but center fires are welcome and encouraged. An adjustable sling is highly recommended. Shooters are encouraged to bring at least one extra magazine, if they have it. A limited number of .22 training rifles are available for loan from Appleseed instructors, for those who cannot bring a rifle. Contact me or RWVA Shooter on this forum to make arrangements. Shooters who come with a 25m zero will be ahead of the game.

Subjects covered include:

- Safety
- What it means to be a Rifleman (with a capital "R")
- Solid field positions
- The sling as a marksmanship aid
- Natural Point of Aim
- Zeroing with Inches, Minutes, and Clicks
- Rifleman's Cadence
- Trajectory, Ranging, and Battle Sight Zero
- Compensating for wind
- The story of Lexington and Concord, and how marksmanship made the difference
- The importance of keeping the heritage alive

You will also enjoy being in the company of the finest group of Americans you will find (I've never been to an Appleseed where the attendees didn't fit that description). We offer free and/or drastically reduced rates for certain groups within which we want to encourage marksmanship, or who especially need to hear our message of liberty. This includes youth under 21, women, active duty military/guard/reserve, peace officers, eleced officials, and teachers.

Come be a part of the rebirth.

Event Info here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21009.0

Registration here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1377190213

jd138

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
henschman: What are your thoughts on a .308 bolt action for this event? With close supervision by myself, would my 9 year and his .22 rifle be welcome (he has shot many times on the range before)?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All types of rifles are welcome at Appleseed. A .308 bolt will be very difficult to earn your Rifleman patch (rate of fire/reloading is a factor) and kinda costly, but perfectly acceptable. As to the age of children, they leave that up to the parent to decide if he/she is responsible, capable and safe enough for the class. That isn't to say the instructors won't intervene if the child (or anyone for that matter) prove otherwise.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hello henschman,
I'm interested in attending. I looked at the web page to sign up for tickets and I understand there are still tickets left?
I also understand that an AR-15 with iron sights will do? Also, how about an AR with a red dot and flip up iron sights? Can someone bring more than 1 rifle, say 2 AR's and a Ruger 10/22?
I also noticed "FREE Sat & Sun Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID), Disabled (w/ ID), Re-enactors in period dress, Elected officials (w/proof)", how does an individual
that has a service connected disabilty fit in with the disabled part, if they have their VA ID?

Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom