Appleseed at USSA in Tulsa - April 19-20 - Lexington & Concord Anniversary Shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome shooters,

239 years ago on April 19, Americans from all walks of life stood firm against tyranny and fired the first shots in our country's war for independence. This April 19-20, at the USSA range in Tulsa, Oklahoma, we remember those who took the first brave steps down the road of revolution by celebrating our country's heritage of marksmanship.

An Appleseed weekend marksmanship clinic is teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship from field positions. Both new and experienced shooters are welcome, and all will benefit from the course. Our curriculum is designed to teach everything necessary to control the "Rifleman's Quarter Mile," meaning the ability to hit man-sized targets out to 500 yards with a rack grade rifle. The material is taught with the intent that those who take the course will be able to pass the skills on to others -- hence the name "Appleseed." Those who shoot to "Expert" level on our qualification test are awarded our prestigious Rifleman's patch.

Due to the auspicious date of this event, we will be performing several special activities that we do not normally do at an Appleseed weekend. One of these will be the Volley for Liberty, in which shooters will have the opportunity to participate in the longest firing line ever organized, along with thousands of other shooters, when we fire a volley in unison with every other Appleseed event nationwide. Participants will also hear the story of Lexington and Concord like they have never heard it told before.

Bring any safe rifle and we will show you how to be more effective with it. An adjustable sling is highly recommended. Most of the event is fired at 25 meters, so either center fire or rimfire rifles are fine. On Sunday afternoon, center fire shooters will have the opportunity to shoot a full distance qualification test on USSA's 300 yard range, while rimfire shooters will remain at 25m.

The cost of the event is $60. Special discounts are available for youth, military and law enforcement. Information on the event, as well as online registration, can be found here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=228&id_event=2354

Feel free to contact me with any questions via PM or my below-listed e-mail.

Come be a part of the rebirth of America's heritage of marksmanship! See you on the firing line.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
See you on the firing line.

Yes, you will!!!

You know Easter falls on that Sunday, too.

I was thinking something along the lines of plastic easter eggs filled with tannerite for targets to shoot at various distances or maybe various sizes to represent the various ranges for the 25m rimfire shooters might be in order.

Appleseed's very own version of an easter egg hunt, if you will.

To bad we couldn't do something special like this to commemorate Easter falling on the weekend of this Appleseed, too.

Maybe we could do it without the tannerite, but what fun is that?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, we realize that this falls on Easter Sunday, and we realize that many shooters will want to go to Church that morning and will be showing up to the range late. That is fine. All the skills are taught Saturday. If you miss Sunday morning, all you will miss is confirming zeroes, a review of Saturday's material, a coupe qualification tests, and maybe a drill or two. If you were there Saturday, you will be able to jump right in any time you show up on Sunday. We will mostly be firing a lot of Army Qual. Tests, and teaching you some drills that will help eliminate errors in your shooting.

bigbadge

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter and I went to the last one in Norman (where I got my patch - YAY) and then I followed up with one in Afton.

My daughter and I will be back this weekend (Saturday only, unfortunately) and we are bringing my foster daughter and a friend's son - I am spreading the word slowly but surely.

I can't wait!!

Don

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter and I went to the last one in Norman (where I got my patch - YAY) and then I followed up with one in Afton. My daughter and I will be back this weekend (Saturday only, unfortunately) and we are bringing my foster daughter and a friend's son - I am spreading the word slowly but surely. I can't wait!! Don

That's awesome! Keep it up

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The cost of the event is $60. Special discounts are available for youth, military and law enforcement. Information on the event, as well as online registration, can be found here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=228&id_event=2354

Feel free to contact me with any questions via PM or my below-listed e-mail.

Come be a part of the rebirth of America's heritage of marksmanship! See you on the firing line.

Just in case we know someone who suddenly decides at the last minute they want to attend, non-preregistered walk-ons(with cash in hand) will be welcome at this one, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom