Appleseed at USSA in Tulsa - April 19-20 - Lexington & Concord Anniversary Shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image-1809871793.jpg

I got mine, do you? If not get out there and earn it these guys will teach you all the skills needed to control the Rifleman's quarter mile

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
View attachment 38070

I got mine, do you? If not get out there and earn it these guys will teach you all the skills needed to control the Rifleman's quarter mile

I shot low end sharpshooter on the AQT we got to shoot today. If I can just get over the hump of getting all my shots off on the 200 yard sitting target without timing out, I think I can get that patch tomorrow. Gotta tighten up on my cadence and relax into that npoa body position better/quicker tomorrow, too.

If I earn it, I'll post it up.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot low end sharpshooter on the AQT we got to shoot today. If I can just get over the hump of getting all my shots off on the 200 yard sitting target without timing out, I think I can get that patch tomorrow. Gotta tighten up on my cadence and relax into that npoa body position better/quicker tomorrow, too. If I earn it, I'll post it up.

Sitting has always been the hardest for me, especially with the clock running.

JLW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk about drinking from a firehose, that's a lot of information. Hopefully it comes together for me today. I did love the history lessons. Thanks to all the volunteers!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Kept trying all day, but I just couldn't get it together to get out of the 180 range.

As hard as I tried, I just couldn't stop psyching myself out or tensing up some and not allowing myself to fully relax through the whole course of fire on the AQT.

I did improve to the point where I was able to get through each stage and get all my rounds downrange(mostly on target) without timing out. I think my groups were getting incrementally better, too.

Needless to say, I'll be back next year.

Even if I eventually get that patch, I think I'm going to make the Appleseed Lexington and Concord shoot an annual tradition for as long as it takes place in Tulsa and I'm physically able to attend.

Lots of good buzz there about OSA and some folks were sharing forum names, btw. Heard some names from the board that I recognized, some I didn't. As usual, I found meeting members of the OSA community in the flesh to be a pleasant experience.

The RWVA volunteers were outstanding as usual, too.

Last edited:

JLW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't make it either Rauol. Sorry I didn't get to put a face to your name. I felt like it sort of came together at the end, but the day was over and I had already shot a ton of ammo. There is always the next one. I have to admit there is something about that patch that will probably draw me back. I did go from a 100 yard effective range to one shot away from a 400 yard effective range. Great class! Thanks again to Henschman and all the other volunteers. What a great group of guys. Special thanks to Tomcat for all the one on one help.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a great event, and I met a lot of good people. I enjoyed seeing Raoul Duke, rebelracer, and JLW in person. The Memorial Volley was great to be a part of, as always. Thanks to everyone for showing up and making it a special event despite it being a holiday weekend.

Special thanks to our outstanding hosts, the folks at USSA. They are incredibly accommodating, and a joy to work with. They also have some of the nicest facilities you'll ever see at a shooting range. I'm looking forward to many more events at USSA.

The IAR is up on the Appleseed forum here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40584.0 with pictures and commentary. If you're not a member, join up and say hi there or in the Oklahoma section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom