Appleseed at USSA in Tulsa, Sep. 28-29, 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the full distance Sunday and we only got a couple AQTs in and the best I could muster was 178, it's eating at me now. I think I'm gonna have to go to the afton shoot on Sunday to see if I can do any better

I can certainly sympathize with that. I wasn't near that close but think that after a few days rest and some more practice hours behind the rifle I could do better than I did last week.

I may try and sneak back out to USSA and see if I can get back out to the long range and try again.

Overall, great event though. I was pleased with pretty much all of it, save the weather on saturday, and feel that I got quite a bit better with my shooting.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it is a lot to synthesize in one weekend. Get some practice and let it all sink into your muscle memory and you will get there.

Remember, DRY FIRE!!! It is the most productive practice for the money that you're going to get! Put a dot on the wall or just use the screw on a power outlet or something, and keep practicing acquiring NPOA on it and firing by the numbers.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't pin this one on me! I missed Saturday when all the rain came through... I was in Stillwater for my high school reunion. I showed up on Sunday for all the nice weather and full distance shooting!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Yep, it is a lot to synthesize in one weekend. Get some practice and let it all sink into your muscle memory and you will get there.

Remember, DRY FIRE!!! It is the most productive practice for the money that you're going to get! Put a dot on the wall or just use the screw on a power outlet or something, and keep practicing acquiring NPOA on it and firing by the numbers.

If Laserlyte would come out with a Appleseed laser trainer system with interactive Appleseed AQT Targets that could run the AQT drills like the Appleseed smartphone Quick and Dirty Score/AQT Timer Apps do, I'd be all over it:

http://gunlink.info/forums/index.php?topic=734.0

http://gunlink.info/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=t7piuielm1fhe5dddj6a04v953&topic=733.0

I'd like to see a partnership between the RWVA and Laserlyte, like the one they have with Marlin for the 795 Appleseed LTR, to develop and produce an Appleseed Standard AQT laser LTR target trainer system like this.

I'd definitely pick one up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom