Appleseed in Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lomshek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wouldn't be begging or borrowing. Daniel and his crew are engaging in a mission. Their loaner rifles are there for a reason...to help them, and you, accomplish the mission.

Do it. You won't regret it.

Absolutely this! As an instructor (and event host) I always take spare rifles and ammo with me. The rifles are for whoever needs them whether their rifle isn't working right, doesn't fit, isn't suited for Appleseed or they just need a loaner. If someone can wear out my 10/22 in a weekend they're a better man than me!

Ammo I'll donate to someone if they need it and ask them to pay it forward or sell it at non-scalper prices if they have the cash.

Contact the instructors or shoot promoter/coordinator and I bet they'll be happy to help.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I have a large supply of .22 LR that I will sell to anyone who attends an Appleseed for $16 for a 500 round brick; and between myself and the other Oklahoma Appleseed instructors, we have plenty of .22 loaner rifles that are set up with GI web slings (sling-supported shooting is a big part of the instruction) and either GI-style aperture sights or scopes -- it really helps to have easily adjustable sights for Appleseed, and they mimic the sights on center fire battle rifles. Keep in mind that Project Appleseed's marksmanship program is designed to teach all the skills necessary to hit man-sized targets out to 500 yards with center fire rifles. The .22 "Liberty Training Rifles" and 25 meter Army Qualification Tests are just economical ways of teaching the fundamentals necessary to shoot to that standard.

Of course the marksmanship is just one part of an Appleseed weekend -- we are also dedicated to preserving our country's revolutionary heritage, and remembering all those who put their lives on the line for our liberty 239 years ago, with the hope that Americans will continue to fight for and enlarge our liberty for future generations. I hope to see lots of OSA folks at Norman in a couple weeks! PM, email, or call me if you need anything or have any questions/concerns. My cell is 405-880-0506.

See you on the firing line,

Daniel Hensch

Latest posts

Top Bottom