Appleseed OKCGC, March 6-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading up on the Appleseeds on another fourm. They sound great. Work has me on notice to go to CA sometime next month, so I don't know if I will be around for this one or not. I do plan on going to one this year sometime.

Quick question. How would it go over for two people to share a rifle? My FIL wants to go but doesn't have rifle that he feels would be appropriate to the shoot (he's more into single shots than repeaters). If I go, we could share a rifle. If I can't go, he wants to use mine.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sharing a rifle would be almost impossible as they usually do a single firing line. If it looks like both of you can make it let me know and we can get a loaner rifle lined up for him to use.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any man (women shoot free :tounge: ) in the Tulsa area is still on the fence about going b/c of the cost, PM me. I just received a certificate to attend for free and it would be too much trouble to try to get my fee refunded so that I can use it.

Hey, I would love to take get that from you. I really want to go and take my wife and little brother, but don't have a lot of lose funds.

PM Sent...

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the mat I use. That sling would be a good one I'm using a dpms from midway.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=1413174603

if you're going to order the mat I'd probably throw a sling in the order too. I'm not sure how quick the Appleseed store ships with midway you should have it by the weekend if you order tomorrow or maybe even monday.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to see if I can make it to this and I have a couple questions.

I'm going over the checklist I found at appleseedinfo.org and I'd like to know is the little sling that came with my DPMS AR sufficient for the needs of this shoot?

I don't own a shooting mat or shooting jacket, but I don't mind laying in the dirt, gravel, grass, etc. to shoot. Can I get by without these or should I spend a few bucks to pick these items up?

I see that they recommend 22lr for the first day, is that strictly due to the cost of ammo? I don't mind shooting .223 and would prefer to use my AR because I don't have a .22lr that meets the needs of this sort of shoot. I just have a GSG & a Brazilian version of the Nylon 66.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to see if I can make it to this and I have a couple questions.

I'm going over the checklist I found at appleseedinfo.org and I'd like to know is the little sling that came with my DPMS AR sufficient for the needs of this shoot?

I don't own a shooting mat or shooting jacket, but I don't mind laying in the dirt, gravel, grass, etc. to shoot. Can I get by without these or should I spend a few bucks to pick these items up?

I see that they recommend 22lr for the first day, is that strictly due to the cost of ammo? I don't mind shooting .223 and would prefer to use my AR because I don't have a .22lr that meets the needs of this sort of shoot. I just have a GSG & a Brazilian version of the Nylon 66.

Any sling will work as a Hasty sling the Usgi is recommended because you can make a loop sling out of it a get really tight. Bring your normal sling and if it doesn't work they'll be some GI slings floating around to borrow. I have several extras that I can loan if needed and I'm sure some of the instructors will too.

22lr is mainly recommended for cost and ease of shooting at an Appleseed I attended a couple years ago I had 2 guys shooting mosin carbines on one side and a guy shooting a 8mm Mauser on the other. Your AR will be perfect.

A mat is nice to keep you out of the mud and off the rocks, a tarp or rug or blanket or piece of carpet would work almost as well as a dedicated mat. The jacket might be nice but I've always shot in a Carhartt. I wouldn't worry about buying either of these but would look around for something to lay on.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey Thanks Bracth seems you helped out alot..I've been gone awhile and ready to see the shoot happen.Well you all asked for something close to OKC well here it is...

And before the end of spring TULSA will be holding one too..I plan to hold each event with 50 plus slots .If the ranges allow if I need to run more I will..

Folks dont forget we have a website you can contact any of us.Bratch did alot of the work but it all starts with a call..Oldgrunt Hench OKiewinnno PJ evans were all here to help..

And as for thew Homeschoolers hurry and get signed up we enjoyed each group of you last year..

www.appleseedinfo.org

Bring the kids they'll love it

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I would love to take get that from you. I really want to go and take my wife and little brother, but don't have a lot of lose funds.

PM Sent...

Sooooo ... are you coming too?? Is Kara coming?? I am gonna be there. Am trying to talk GlockGirl into shooting too, but so far all I have for my trouble is a definite "maybe" LOL ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom