Appleseed OKCGC, March 6-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some question before I register.

This will be my first time sign up to learn how to shoot long range, I never had any training on shooting LR before. What do I have to bring with me? How long is the class? I'm not a club member and how much is the fee? All I have is a savage 10FP, 16x42 scope, 100rnds 168gr Hornady. I checked the weather and I might be rain on the weekend, I don't know if class still on or cancel.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some question before I register.

This will be my first time sign up to learn how to shoot long range, I never had any training on shooting LR before. What do I have to bring with me? How long is the class? I'm not a club member and how much is the fee? All I have is a savage 10FP, 16x42 scope, 100rnds 168gr Hornady. I checked the weather and I might be rain on the weekend, I don't know if class still on or cancel.

Class is on rain or shine latest weather I've seen is low chance of rain and temperatures around 60. If we miss the rain it should be perfect. Class will be 8:30 to around 5:30 Saturday and Sunday. You can do one or two days but two is recommended. If you can only do one Saturday would be better as the skills are taught Saturday.

If you go to appleseedinfo.org you can find list of what to bring. If you have trouble finding it or have more questions just ask.

Most of the shoot will be at 25m your best bet would be a 22lr of some sort. Your bolt gun would work Sunday on the long range. If you don't have a 22 we can probably find a loaner for you to use.

The class fee is $70 non gun club members pay a $10 range fee also.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Bratch, I'll get back with you on this before Wednesday.

Thanks.

Class is on rain or shine latest weather I've seen is low chance of rain and temperatures around 60. If we miss the rain it should be perfect. Class will be 8:30 to around 5:30 Saturday and Sunday. You can do one or two days but two is recommended. If you can only do one Saturday would be better as the skills are taught Saturday.

If you go to appleseedinfo.org you can find list of what to bring. If you have trouble finding it or have more questions just ask.

Most of the shoot will be at 25m your best bet would be a 22lr of some sort. Your bolt gun would work Sunday on the long range. If you don't have a 22 we can probably find a loaner for you to use.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bratch, since GC is not going to be able to come we will have an extra 22. If you like, I will bring it with me just in case. It has a red dot on it.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bratch, since GC is not going to be able to come we will have an extra 22. If you like, I will bring it with me just in case. It has a red dot on it.

That'd be great. Its always nice to have extra rifles around in case somebodies doesn't run or isn't set up right.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That'd be great. Its always nice to have extra rifles around in case somebodies doesn't run or isn't set up right.

OK ... I haven't found any ammo that won't run through it so it should be okay. I'll see if I can gather up some extra mags for it too. Since we always buy using the "one for you one for me" method, there should be plenty around here.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I hope you all did pre reg. for the event? It helps us know what size shirts you need and if anyone else in your party needs shirts.Bring a friend or a extra rifle. Bratch pretty much nailed anything you might need for the shoot.

We will be on the ground for some part of the shooting..I would bring a rug or a mat to lay on .Anything to cushion your elbows "Bunny" got her gear long ago so she can tell her buddies where she got her pads...lool

Anything else contact any of us on our site...

www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio Tues.nights 7-9 every week listen to old shows ..Many people from the run and gun game to master shooters.
Hope to see a few of you too put faces to these post .Thanks

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, I will be one of the instructors at this event... I hope to see lots of you out there, because you are in for a treat! We have some great fun planned for you... just as a little preview, I'll tell you that we've come up with some FULL SIZE Army Qualification targets, so we can shoot the AQT at full distance. If you've never qualified at full distance, come out and see how you stack up on one of the nicest ranges in the state.

This and much more for only $80!? What are you waiting for!? Oh, and did I mention that Appleseed qualifies as a marksmanship training activity for the Civillian Marksmanship Program, and if you join the RWVA, Appleseed's parent organization, for the low fee of $20 per YEAR, that qualifies as membership in a marksmanship organization, and with those 2 things, you can buy M-1 Garands for $500 from the CMP? Yes, you heard me right. Its the deal of the century, folks. Better hurry and sign up, its getting full!

See you this weekend.

And big thanks to bratch for setting this up!

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can pick up a couple GI web slings in the OKC area?

Not off hand. Best I can think of is to call the stores and see if anybody has one. Might try CJs in Bethany.:confused:

I know I'll have a couple extras but I think I've already committed one out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom