Appleseed OKCGC, March 6-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not off hand. Best I can think of is to call the stores and see if anybody has one. Might try CJs in Bethany.:confused:

I know I'll have a couple extras but I think I've already committed one out.

I've called a couple Surplus stores and a couple gun stores. No Luck.
I guess I'll call a few more to see if I can get lucky.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would expect most gun stores to know what you are asking for when you say USGI but Midway has them listed as "Garand Web slings" it might be worth asking about those as well incase you get someone who only knows products by manufacturer names.

Cacinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was able to clear out my schedule and i just signed up. looking forward to it.

This and much more for only $80!? What are you waiting for!? Oh, and did I mention that Appleseed qualifies as a marksmanship training activity for the Civillian Marksmanship Program, and if you join the RWVA, Appleseed's parent organization, for the low fee of $20 per YEAR, that qualifies as membership in a marksmanship organization, and with those 2 things, you can buy M-1 Garands for $500 from the CMP? Yes, you heard me right. Its the deal of the century, folks. Better hurry and sign up, its getting full!

See you this weekend.

And big thanks to bratch for setting this up!
damn, this is good to know. appleseed keeps on getting better and better - i need a good priced garand.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would plan on 5:00-5:30, there is a chance that it could run a little later. The club mandates that we shut down at dark.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
damn, this is good to know. appleseed keeps on getting better and better - i need a good priced garand.

Well, the CMP is the way to go if you want nice garands for cheap. If you actually go to one of the CMP stores, in Ohio or Alabama, you get to hand pick your rifle off the rack, with hundreds to choose from. They will loan you a bore gauge and a throat erosion gauge and let you go to town. Going to the store is the way to go. Its a bit of a drive, but its worth it -- its like a pilgrimage to the mecca of riflemen!

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm signed up. Not sure if I should use my .22 or my AR, though.. could just do both?

I have to go find something that will work in place of a shooting mat.... Old cardboard box?! LOL

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm signed up. Not sure if I should use my .22 or my AR, though.. could just do both?

I have to go find something that will work in place of a shooting mat.... Old cardboard box?! LOL

You could do the 22 Sat and the AR Sunday. Only downside would be getting good zeros twice but then you'd have good zeros on two rifles so that's a plus.

Box would work, rugs, old carpet, beach towels, and tarps have been used as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom