Appleseed rifle clinic including full distance shooting, April 20-21 at USSA in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and I may be able to make it on Sunday, but probably not Saturday. On the registration page it says that all of the skills will be taught on Saturday. Is it worth coming just Sunday or will we miss out on most of the important stuff?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do a review of all the fundamentals on Sunday morning. We do a lot less drills in between to drive home the instruction as we do on Saturday, but if you guys are quick learners, you can pick it up and run with it. After the review, we jump right into shooting Army Qual. Tests... so it will be sink or swim time! Unfortunately you will miss out on most of the history oriented stuff, but you will still hear a few good Rev War stories when we are taking breaks. I hope to see you there.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the topic of ammo. I will donate 100 rounds of .22LR to one person under the following conditions:

1) You are taking a kid under the age of 17, and that kid is participating in the Appleseed.
2) You come and get it from me in the next week and a half (I'm heading out of town for a few weeks).
3) You post up pics of your kid shooting at the event...or if you are hesitant to put pictures of your kid online, which is understandable, I bet we can get henschman to "validate" your kid's participation.

I'll also match this. I can bring the ammo to USSA.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep Raoul, we almost always get at least a couple AQTs in on Saturday afternoon. We really try to, just to give everybody a chance at the Rifleman's patch since there are usually a few folks who sign up for Saturday only.

Jonathan, you know you can attend an Appleseed with just a .22... we even have Liberty Training Rifles to loan out if you don't have suitable ones. Lots of people like to get their patch with .22 first... it's cheaper to build all the fundamentals that way... and then do it later with their center fire.

I'm pretty excited about this one... it's going to be a good shoot! We have 35 pre-regs as of earlier today. Plenty of room for more though, if anybody wants to sign up last minute. Even if you don't get registered by Thursday, we take walk-ons too.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I had a very generous offer of some 22 ammo for my nephew but couldn't get down to OKC to pick it up. I'll be glad to buy a box in the Tulsa area if someone has it to spare. In the interest of full disclosure, he's a 17yo Guard Boot shipping next month and will probably only make it on Saturday, so he won't shoot a full brick. I'll be glad to donate what's left to another kid who does show up on Sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom