Appleseed Tri City Gun Club October 19 & 20th 2013 - Norman, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great weekend for an Appleseed shoot a TCGC this weekend. All of the instructors did a great job!

My progression of learning and recognizing what I needed to do for my bad eyes finally paid off by bringing home the Rifleman patch!

This was my 3rd Appleseed. First one shot with iron sights, second with a red dot, and finally this time went with a scoped rifle. What a world of difference when you can actually see an individual target you need to shoot instead of three or four merging into one mass of blurr and double visions. So as I age gracefully, a scoped rifle will have to be part of the toolset.

The fundamentals taught at this event are well worth the time and small fee for two days of instruction and applying the techniques that are taught. I got to meet and shoot with some great people, and always great to see the youngsters attending too.

If you haven't shot at an Appleseed event, you should check it out and take a young person with you.

bigbadge

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The event was one of the most unique shooting experiences I have ever had.

I was very glad that I brought my daughter with me. It was a great and friendly environment that provided us with a lot of bonding.

The instructors were knowledgeable, patient, friendly and super safe. The other attendees were all very nice people to spend two days with.

I think there were about 27 attendees and five of us brought home a Rifleman patch. I am going to have to attend again - they were out of the green patch I wanted! :yikes2: (and I would LOVE to see my daughter get her patch, of course).

This was our first Appleseed, but we are going to make sure that it is NOT our last.

It is very inexpensive training for the quality program that you receive. Next one is in Afton, OK next month...

I would recommend this class for anyone that likes to shoot and/or is interested in the history and birth of our country.

Don

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad y'all had a good time... I know I sure did. Good shooting, Riflemen! I hope to see you at future events. We are working on the 2014 schedule and should have a full lineup of events posted soon.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really hoping to make this one but it fell on a home football game and my daughter's birthday! I heard by a first timer (and now Rifleman) that it was a great experience. I am hoping to make it to the next local one for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom