AR 10 or M1A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you choose?

• AR 10

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • M1A

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your intention is to buy a rifle to enter in an Ugly Contest, by all means buy an AR. You will surely win, as your only competition will come from other ARs and the occasional Hi Point. If you want a rifle that looks as good as it shoots, buy a wood stocked M1A.

The fiberglass GI stock is much more functional, if not attractive.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your intention is to buy a rifle to enter in an Ugly Contest, by all means buy an AR. You will surely win, as your only competition will come from other ARs and the occasional Hi Point. If you want a rifle that looks as good as it shoots, buy a wood stocked M1A.
I never liked the "black" gun when I signed up for Uncle Sam's free vacation plan, I shot a Garand, M-14 and the 16 in basic, I liked the 14 best but only got to use it a couple times in Nam, we used 16's predominately, I liked the fact you could carry a lighter gun and more ammo vs the 14 but these days I believe I should be armed with the same weaponry as our government uses so I am not at a disadvantage incase I have to defend my second amendment right from some charging covert military advance in my neighborhood................Read in what you like.
I was already to buy an AR-10 a few years ago but stumbled across the Robinson XCR and bought it instead, it incorporates the best ideas of the AR-15, AK-47 and the FN-FAL, my favorite feature is the quick change barrel that takes less than five minutes to do, I have my 260 Rem barrel on now but also have a 308 barrel for it and was thinking of picking up a 243 barrel in the not too distant future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom