AR-10 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, it's pretty easy to do. This one has a standard 6-position buffer tube, LR308 carbine spring, and LR308 carbine buffer. I went with a B5 SOPMOD stock.

3ZD3PGJ.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So I just bought a PSA 10 gen3 and I’m wanting to upgrade the stock and handguard. I know that I have to get a AR-10 specific hand guard but what about the stock can I just buy an ar-15 stock? I’m finding very little stocks that say AR-10. Appreciate the help!
PSA uses an AR10 setup for the carbine extension - that's Armalite, the same way LaRue does and others. Basically, the receiver extension is longer and you use a regular heavy carbine buffer and spring. --Easiest
You can use an AR308 setup - DPMS, which is a standard receiver extension but you have to use a little short buffer and spring. Those little buffers are always sold out.
Extensions are interchangeable but you have to decide on setup or nothing fits or works correctly.

For your handguard, make sure you know what profile you UR is - High or Low. Measure at the tang. High is .210" and Low is .151". PSAs are DPMS pattern UR, so you just need to know the profile. It's probably a high profile.

Armalite, Larue, and others that follow AR10 pattern upper receivers can't use AR308 or DPMS pattern handguards.

There is a 3rd kind of setup that is what makes the SR25 platform. These use Armalite pattern but DPMS mags and barrel threads and usually BCGs. You see this with Knight's and LaRue

Remember:
AR10=Armalite
AR308=DPMS

You can get the receiver extension from Magpul or LaRue plus the extras. These aren't for the DPMS tiny fat buffer setup.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...rextension-sr25-m110.html?mp_global_color=118
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-receiver-extension-for-5-56-7-62-carbine-lt629/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom