AR-15 for War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
"If", I had an AR and was going to war, I would want the M4 version, 5.56.

"If", I needed a more powerful version, I would want the 458 SOCOM in an M4.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M1919A4

I think I'd try hunkering down where most of my supplies are instead of grabbing a pack and doing the run and gun thing. I guess it all depends on the situation.
That's my thought as well. I'm too fat and out of shape to run toward the war, but if it comes knocking at my door, I'm not going down without a fight. And that fight is going to start with my 458 SOCOM simply because I haven't had a chance to see its ballistic effects on flesh. (yeah, I know, kinda dark, but so is the topic itself)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An A2 or M4 variant, absolutely nothing piston-driven nor using any other specialized parts, and certainly no oddball calibers. I want maximum compatibility for resupply and when parts need replacing. It's a machine, and parts on a machine are going to get worn out when they're used.

That's also why any AK variant is a terrible idea.
I'm pretty sure if things are bad enough that you wear out parts on a piston AR from sheer use, you'll never live long enough to need to repair it, or you'll be able to "acquire" another rifle without too much trouble. If you can "resupply" replacement parts, you can "resupply" a new rifle. The AK is probably one of the most durable, fool-proof rifles there is; I don't know of anyone who's really worn one out.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used an A2 in all the wars I've been invited to so far, so I guess I'll just stick with that.

Assuming that we're actually discussing war here in America, and warfare in general is not a one-man game. You would either volunteer, or be conscripted for service in a unit. Your first choice of weapon may or may not be what you end up actually carrying once you're slotted in.

Imagine how confused you're going to be when the company armorer takes away your $12,000 Uber marksmen rifle, and hands you a beat to **** dpms that's still sticky with someone else's blood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom