ar-15 lower builders....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it isn't that big of a deal, I have bent several and they really aren't a big deal to be kinked a little as long as it goes in. This actually takes the wear down period out of it and you can function that detent much easier, plus versatility of taking stocks on and off.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and it is easy to do. That receiver is the only thing I have tapped in my life. No practice, nada. Easy peasy

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, I've done this as well. It is a good idea to use some anti-galling goop on the threads of the setscrew. You don't want the aluminum and steel to gall/stick if you ever need to take the set screw out. I also did this on the safety detent so I could pull the grip without losing that spring. For those wary...if you really dork up the threads...so what. Just put the full size spring in and cover it up with the end plate. You won't really ruin it. You'll just prevent yourself from doing the mod. Lube the tap too...

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anything it is fun to mess around with and share ideas. Only a couple loops need to be clipped and the tap doesn't need to be done very deep, lube for sure while taping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom