AR-9 pistol build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a foxtrot mike ar9 lower I really like, as well as a couple from Go Ballistic - I'd definitely recommend a dedicated lower

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you could save up for however long it takes to get an MPX. I’m confident you’d find the wait worthwhile :D

Not really. I won't knock Sig or their firearms, they produce quality products. However, I'm not wanting a firearm that is limited to what the manufacture wants, I want a firearm that I custom built for me, by me. Plus I have the option to upgrade any and all components later on if I want or change calibers later on. Simply put, I don't want to go and plop down a lot of money for something that several other people have. I wanted an AR9 like my AR15, built by me for me with the components and features I wanted.

The MPX is a great gun, just not what I was looking for and definitely not the price point I was looking to spend.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up going with a BCA 7.5" barrel and 7" mlok handguard. The price was right and I'm not looking to make this a long range weapon. As long as I can get a decent group no further out than 25 yards I'll be happy as this is for home defense. Was going to get a folding stock adapter, but saw the price and decided to wait. Just need to get a buffer plate and grip, which I can get locally next weekend with ease (well, unless everything is shutdown by then of course).

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up going with a BCA 7.5" barrel and 7" mlok handguard. The price was right and I'm not looking to make this a long range weapon. As long as I can get a decent group no further out than 25 yards I'll be happy as this is for home defense. Was going to get a folding stock adapter, but saw the price and decided to wait. Just need to get a buffer plate and grip, which I can get locally next weekend with ease (well, unless everything is shutdown by then of course).

I've got a gen 2 Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter that I only used for a short period. (I took it off before the build ever made it to the range. It didn't play nice with my side charger.) I'm in BA and can make you a deal on it if you want it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a gen 2 Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter that I only used for a short period. (I took it off before the build ever made it to the range. It didn't play nice with my side charger.) I'm in BA and can make you a deal on it if you want it.

I really appreciate that! Will hit you up once I get the rest. Forgot all about the BCG, so thats gonna be another 140-200 that I'll need to plop down. Will have to see how much I have left after that. Will also have to get a red-dot, sights, etc ...

Why is it that you set out to only spend x amount and end up spending like the government? And of course after I bought the upper, barrel, handguard, flash can and charging handle PSA gets some of their 4" completed uppers back in stock :/ Oh well, I spent more than I was expecting for my lower/upper, got a matched set of Spikes Tactical from my LGS. But it has LRBHO which was a key component I was wanting.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really appreciate that! Will hit you up once I get the rest. Forgot all about the BCG, so thats gonna be another 140-200 that I'll need to plop down. Will have to see how much I have left after that. Will also have to get a red-dot, sights, etc ...

Why is it that you set out to only spend x amount and end up spending like the government? And of course after I bought the upper, barrel, handguard, flash can and charging handle PSA gets some of their 4" completed uppers back in stock :/ Oh well, I spent more than I was expecting for my lower/upper, got a matched set of Spikes Tactical from my LGS. But it has LRBHO which was a key component I was wanting.

Sounds good. It'll be in my parts box.

My AR-9 build got away from me a bit cost-wise but I really enjoy it. It has the PSA 8" upper but it does not have LRBHO. I initially put a KAK Shockwave brace on it, but a replacement SAB3 is on the way now.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, picked up the grip, stock plate and BCG today, just waiting on the barrel, handguard and flashcan to arrive by UPS. Final parts list:

Spikes Tactical upper/lower dedicated Glock AR9 pair
Bear Creek Arsenal 7.5" parkerized heavy 9mm barrel
Bear Creek Arsenal 7" MLOK handrail
KAK industries 9mm slimline flash can
CMMG 9mm glock BCG
SB Tactical SBA4 brace
Magpul MIAD grip
milspec charging handle and trigger kit from a LGS

The only tool I had to buy this time around was a glock cut vise block (amazon for 10.99 + free shipping). Due to budget overruns I'm gonna have to wait on the folding stock adapter and a reddot sight for it. Mainly wanted it together before our state government puts us through a lockdown. Once the crazy is over will look at upgrading it (hopefully fall's Wanenmacher show).

Thankfully the lower came mostly assembled, even had a set screw for the detent for the rear takedown pin. I wondered if I even needed the buffer plate, but got one just to be safe and to have a sling attachment point.

Whoever my secret santa was this go around, I thank you though my wallet is a LOT lighter now because of you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom