AR-9 pistol build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks, but you have to do what you have to do these days.

Yep, thankfully its a furlough and not a letgo. Her company did let go about 1/3rd the workforce. Thankfully we both have some money saved up, so we won't be hurting, just have to tighten our belts a bit. Thankfully my job is pretty stable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well right now, not using anything as I don't have a wrench that fits yet. Like I said though, think I'm just gonna grind the one I bought down until it fits. Won't take much, less than 1/4". If I take 1/8th of each side (part of that will be the chrome plating that is slathered on thicker than a New Yorker puts A1 on a steak) and I should be good. After that I could care less if the cheap wrench rusts.
That's going to be a lot of grinding. I hope you have a belt sander with some 50 grit and some heat proof gloves. Still going to take awhile to knock off that much material.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, after having to buy two wrenches (first one was junk and didn't fit) I FINALLY got the pistol finished!! Just did the function test for now and tested the LRBHO, which works. Now to get an optic for it and take it to the range for break in. The handguard is actually the same color as the rest, the light just was catching it wrong.

20200420_162059.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this might be my last BCA product. Emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I WILL finish this build. I guess this is what I get for going cheap. Shoulda got a UTG like I did for my first rifle.

I've been buying from them for years. Never bought a hand guard though. Just barrels.

I just ended up buying a big crescent wrench for most of my non-Aero Precision hand guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this strange premonition that once I am able to tighten it down, I will never get it to line up properly....

I swear, if that happens I'm throwing it away and will just have to put this build on the back burner, wife just got furloughed today, so money is gonna be a lot slimmer here soon.

This is why I always order extra shims.

Sorry to hear about your wife's furlough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! Congratulations! So, what’s the next build?

Right now I would say not for a while, however I have a strong feeling that once business as usual resumes I'll be working 6 day weeks for a while, so lots of overtime. Have no clue what I want to do for my next build though, maybe a dedicated .22 AR.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I would say not for a while, however I have a strong feeling that once business as usual resumes I'll be working 6 day weeks for a while, so lots of overtime. Have no clue what I want to do for my next build though, maybe a dedicated .22 AR.

Sounds like a fun future build . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom