AR-9MM PISTOL RECOMMENDATIONS????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CMMG Banshee MKGS. Fun to shoot, doesn’t use the heavy buffer, really fun suppressed. I may have bought another one when I saw a killer deal, after waiting 6 months after ordering to get my first one. It’s worked well magpul and onem Glock mags

If your in the okc area, you can shoot mine. Quite a few here have.

The ak-v is fun too, not an ar but fun. Scorpions are fun too in the non ar arena.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built two recently...I wanted something I could run from the front seat of my patrol car. My wife tried the first one out and decided it was gonna be her new house gun, so I built the second.

1. Palmetto upper/lower, Faxon barrel.
View attachment 282655

2. 17Design upper/lower, Rock River DOE barrel.
View attachment 282656

At armorers school, I was taught to keep the BCG + buffer weight between 22 and 24 oz. Since mine run like sewing machines and eat anything I feed them, I'd say the advice was good.

I really like how these magwell conversions turned out.
https://suarezinternational.com/ar-15-drop-in-9mm-adapter-for-colt-mags/
My department bought a few 9mm carbines that used Glock mags...they never seem to run properly, so that soured me on the Glock magwells. I suspect something about the angle of the feed lips lining up with the ramps inside the receiver. That said, the CMMG Glock guns are legitimately awesome, and if I were to buy a complete gun today, that's that I'd pick.

This isn’t all but the 30+ OEM glock mags seem to not be 100% reliable. The UZI style mags you went with perform much better.

Have you seen the 9mm AR mag conversions? Just swap the guts of a regular AR mag. Don’t need a lower adapter 9mm block.

https://cmmg.com/adapter-magazine-9-ar-conversion-10-30rd-2-pack

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the 9mm AR mag conversions? Just swap the guts of a regular AR mag. Don’t need a lower adapter 9mm block.
I've seen them for sale here and there, but I haven't laid hands on one yet to see for myself, and I don't know anyone personally who's used 'em. Seems like a simple solution, and one that'd save you expenses on new/different equipment like new mag pouches and such.

Have you used them? How did you like them?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen them for sale here and there, but I haven't laid hands on one yet to see for myself, and I don't know anyone personally who's used 'em. Seems like a simple solution, and one that'd save you expenses on new/different equipment like new mag pouches and such.

Have you used them? How did you like them?

I have no personal use with them yet so I can’t say. One of these days I’ll give ‘em a try.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering either building or buying a complete AR 9MM PISTOL. I like what little I've seen so far of the Foxtrot Mike. I want to keep the barrel length around 8.5 inches and no more than 10 inches. I also want it to be a side charger that uses Glock magazines. I'd like to have iron sights as well as a red dot optic. I like the FM side charging handle that is mounted like an H&K. Other than that I just need any recommendations that anyone can give me about different manufacturer's, features, quality and workmanship. What do you all have and what has worked best. I'm really just starting to assemble my thoughts about this so I need all the help I can get.
Why the insistence on Glock mags, is it for compatibility with your pistols? My father wanted the same thing until he tried my AK-V and was hooked, he bought one. As suggested earlier, you might look at the PSA AR-V, that will be closest to what you want. It uses Scorpion mags, which PSA sells their version for about $15 for a 35 rounder. The mags have been utterly reliable on my AK-V. For any of the longer pistols, the Freedom Munitions Hush rounds are great for subsonic.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the insistence on Glock mags, is it for compatibility with your pistols? My father wanted the same thing until he tried my AK-V and was hooked, he bought one. As suggested earlier, you might look at the PSA AR-V, that will be closest to what you want. It uses Scorpion mags, which PSA sells their version for about $15 for a 35 rounder. The mags have been utterly reliable on my AK-V. For any of the longer pistols, the Freedom Munitions Hush rounds are great for subsonic.
That’s the only reason I haven’t bought an Ak-v, more mags that don’t work with anything else I own. My storm shelter bag has a pistol and carbine that all use the exact same mags.

I’m also tired of storing mags and organizing them. I need to count sometime how many different types I have. Has to be close to 40

Latest posts

Top Bottom