AR being uncooperative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bd79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had guys that have bought these real nice barrels but a cheap gas block. On a few I noticed that they fit loose. They brought it back and told me that it doesn't cycle. Stuck a good clamp on gas block on them and everything works just fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would clipping 2 coils make the round stick in the chamber? Sounds like you have a chamber problem.

It might have been a fluke, as the spent shell was extracted every other time, and my guess is a stuck round would be more likely with the heavier buffers and springs I started with. Since I didn't experience that issue prior to today, I'm guessing it's a gas issue like the others said. I didn't try any more rounds at that point though, so I don't know for sure if it is indeed a chamber issue.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it a nitride barrel (melonite) ? some of those have lots of brown goop left in the chamber after the bath, i use a nylon chamber brush on a cleaning rod and my dewalt batter drill to clean them before any assembly begins, patches come out stained reddish brown, some reports of causing extraction problems tho, not ftf

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you say so, but the Army Manual on page 2-30 states they should be spaced @120 degrees apart
You're right, that IS what the Army FM says, but GOML is also right. It doesn't make any difference. I also at one time argued the that same point and I was proven wrong

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dissapater rifles often have this problem. Looses too much gas from the port being so close to the muzzle. Aside from everything else mentioned, you may have to open the gas port some.

Do you know what the opening is now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom