Ar bolt help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tool came in this afternoon, mailed Tuesday, ordered last Thursday, only needed a couple of pushs to move the bcg. The rim did flow back into the exactor and ejector , baae has a shiny ring but no cracks

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes a guy do a lot of thinking.
That case did get more powder or something was in the barrel when it got shot to create that kind of pressure.

I do not know your process of handloading but for me all my rifle loads get weighed on a beam scale.
I trickle into the pan on the scale I trickle to the exact spot and then remove the pan and stick it back on to double check the load.

Then the powder filled cases get stuck into a loading block and after they are all filled i look into the cases to see if all the powder amounts look the same.

Progressives with automatic powder dispensers can cause issues and I do not use those for rifles.
Many people do and have good luck.
Sometimes luck takes a left turn.

At least you got it apart and can move on.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I get a stuck case, this is how I handle it. I get some motor oil and a dowel rod that will fit down the bore.

Place the firearm in a vice with a barrel pointed upwards.
pour some motor oil down the barrel
Wrap the down rod with a few strips of duck tape to for a seal in the barrel
then insert the down rod down the barrel
This creates hydraulic pressure on the stuck case and will pop it right out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom