AR Build Cerakote or Reanodize?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building an AR pistol using parts from just about every company out there it seems. My upper is Anderson, lower is a PSA Stealth, the handguard is AIM Sports, charging handle is a Raptor, buffer tube is Phase 5 Hex-2, the brace is SB Tactical SB15, the pistol grip is BCM, the barrel is Bear Creek, and muzzle device is KAK Industries. I'm still waiting for the barrel, muzzle device and grip to come in, however, I fit together the upper, lower, buffer, brace and handguard and noticed that the lower does not match the others in terms of color. I know that most people won't notice it but now that I have I can't un-notice it. What would be the easiest way to fix this? I have blown my budget already for this gun so I would like to keep it as affordable as possible.

On the other hand, I had thought about going FDE for the gun originally but I'm afraid that would set me back several hundred dollars at this point.

I would upload a picture but the difference is not showing up in photos...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rattlecan, baby. I was surprised at how nicely mine came out when I did that.

But no way I would drop coin for reanodizing it, if you're going to spend money, get it Cerakoted. Bruce Coon is in your neck of the woods and he did several of mine. He said he was going to take some time off from the side business to build a house, but I'd imagine he's back into it by now, I think that's been a year ago.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should say, rattlecan camo. I didn't specify that. I don't think I wanna rattle one color. But using some grasses and various leaves to make outlines is pretty cool, and easy.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will think about the rattlecan for it, I would prefer all black or fde. I guess I could go with a dark gray camo rattlecan job on it. I will talk to JMS Tactical tomorrow and see what they say about a cerakote job and if it can even be matched without doing the whole rifle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thing about rattle can is if and when you get tired of a pattern or color it is an easy fix and redo. I have thought about doing a base in cerakote then modify when and as I see fit but that is money I can spend on something else.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I will think about the rattlecan for it, I would prefer all black or fde. I guess I could go with a dark gray camo rattlecan job on it. I will talk to JMS Tactical tomorrow and see what they say about a cerakote job and if it can even be matched without doing the whole rifle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The cheapest way would be to just have the upper and lower done. Either cerakote - still probably looking at $50-$100 - or rattle can.