AR build parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to start getting parts for my ar 15, to make it desert tan, or flat earth color, or whatever that color is called. There's a bunch of places out there, but was wondering if there are any better or worse, or preferred places to get these?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What parts are you wanting, and what do you have currently? Easiest way to communicate that would probably a be a "now" picture and and a "what I want" picture. Both could be just reposted from a google search if you don't have / don't want to post a picture of your own gun.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I have
IMG_5056[1394].jpg

This is what I'm after
Sig-516-Flat-Dark-Earth.jpg

I would like the stock like this
370b60735de64ba7ce81f0a10ce0cb26.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Excellent! Thanks for the visual reference!

OK, if you want the upper and lower receivers and the buffer tube to be FDE also, your best bet is to:
A) Start over. Buy FDE finished factory AR, or AR parts.
B) Refinish them. Either Rattle Can as suggested above, or Cerakote (if you can spend the money, and want it to stay pretty for a longer time).

For the other stuff, lately I have used Primary Arms as my go to site for AR parts. There are other places I shop if they don't have what I want, but they have good selection, prices, and ship fast. And they have taken care of me on the occasions something hasn't been right.

That stock is the VLTOR Emod I believe.

If you want it all to match, Cerakote is the best option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom