• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

AR-Comp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Looking to find some Ar-Comp whether you have it for sale or know where I can find it locally. Can find it at Powder valley but the hazardous fee is something I would like to avoid if possible.
Pro/ Cabalas say backorderable and GSears is out.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the run on everything gun has drove the price up, should have bought 8 lbs when I first started loading Grendel but was not sure if that was what I was going with.

Whats your go to load for Grendel? Behind a 123eld in Lapua brass with CCI 41 I’m getting best results at around 26.8 grains.

If you haven’t tried it it’s great in 223 too.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Whats your go to load for Grendel? Behind a 123eld in Lapua brass with CCI 41 I’m getting best results at around 26.8 grains.

If you haven’t tried it it’s great in 223 too.
I do not have a 223 but my son is fixing to have one so I will be loading for that as well.
123sst Hornady brass 27.4 Ar-comp WSR primer.

Have tried CFE223 and my rifle hated it also 8208xbr which was pretty close to the accuracy I get with AR-Comp before my barrel was properly seasoned. Need to load up some more of that to see what it does now. I was getting pretty bad results from Hornady American gunner but the more I shoot it the better it got . Now while it is not near the accuracy of hand loads it will more than work for plinking ! Cheap and added bonus of good brass that I know is once fired LOL.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a 223 but my son is fixing to have one so I will be loading for that as well.
123sst Hornady brass 27.4 Ar-comp WSR primer.

Have tried CFE223 and my rifle hated it also 8208xbr which was pretty close to the accuracy I get with AR-Comp before my barrel was properly seasoned. Need to load up some more of that to see what it does now. I was getting pretty bad results from Hornady American gunner but the more I shoot it the better it got . Now while it is not near the accuracy of hand loads it will more than work for plinking ! Cheap and added bonus of good brass that I know is once fired LOL.

27.6 gave me good velocity but it was a really narrow node for that barrel. From 26.2 to 26.8 grains my velocity was within 5-6 FPS so that’s a good wife node for me, even if it’s a little slower. Never shot the SST though. Same barrel gives me pierced primers with hornady black ammo and doesn’t shoot better than 2 MOA with it.

With 223 I’m at 23.6 grains for 77 Nosler CC and 75 Hornady bthp. Wylde chamber. My Douglass 5.56 Match chamber won’t really do more than 22.6 before it starts piercing primers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom