AR info please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can go with the JP light springs, and a Joe Bob modification that is about $15. It does a pretty good job, but for me, It's a 3lb Timney all the way. I'm anal on every trigger being the same pull, weight, etc.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep you can buy springs to help it out and toss the factory springs in a bag.
The way I see it is if you are not going to use the factory springs anyway then no harm in modifying them.
Basically you are condemning them to the trash anyway.

This tweak i did on my rifles.
http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

But after many different tweaks I found bending both legs worked better than cutting one off.

Some reading on a few that did it.
https://www.usacarry.com/forums/long-guns-discussion/4895-15-minute-trigger-job.html.

I also bobbed the hammer on one.. just because I felt the need to do so.
I got a few trigger parts from the nice members here for experimenting with the AR trigger.

I found a way to make them fire when you pull the trigger and fire when you let off the trigger.
basically a very quick double tap.
at 100 yards the rounds were about 1/2" from each other one right above the other.
I did not really like that set up.
Every one likes something different i suppose.

With the tweaks my trigger pull is 4 lbs. I can get it lighter but shooting in 10 degree weather with gloves it seems 4 lbs is still pretty safe, no chance of accidentally setting off the trigger.
I had a savage set at 2 lbs and in the cold dead of winter while pulling up the gun to fire a shot at a deer the gun went off and I hit dirt way below where the deer was..My first experience with gloves and a light trigger.
That mistake will only happen once.