AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Been thinking for a couple days as I read this thread that an OSA Poll may be needed. It wouldn't really include the folks that aren't as into guns as us but the results may still be interesting.

Good idea. Someone should post either video again and ask the question whether it’s a good or bad idea to do these 2A audits. Based on the number of likes to some of these posts, I think we would have about 2 members that think it’s a good idea but I could be wrong. Of course these 2 would then proceed to educate us on why our opinions are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one thing I know. The Bloombergs and Mom groups are probably loving this. Look at this thread. What we have here is a bunch of like minded gun loving folks fighting amongst one another.

Strapping up and carrying in a park in the bluest areas full of soccer moms is not going to win those on the fence over to our side and it sure as hell isn't going to convert any "antis" either. If you want to help, be respectful, knowledgeable, presentable, professional and offer to take them to a range and shoot. Joe Bob hillbilly doesn't get a lot of actual consideration by these people when he tries to force it down the other side's throat regardless of whether he's legally "operating". Instead they'll take exception and retaliate and actually make it illegal. So yes, the local chapters of Bloomies are loving it, I'm sure.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good idea. Someone should post either video again and ask the question whether it’s a good or bad idea to do these 2A audits. Based on the number of likes to some of these posts, I think we would have about 2 members that think it’s a good idea but I could be wrong. Of course these 2 would then proceed to educate us on why our opinions are wrong.

I nominate @dlbleak to do it since he is the one that got this thread started. Also, because I don't know how you post a poll and I'm terrible with wording things good.
Do I hear a second? Lol

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any doubt how the vast majority of people here would vote. Heck, I might even vote with you guys depending on the wording of the question. It’s just not as simple of an issue for me as it is for most here. Just because I don’t think what he did is a good idea doesn’t mean I have to think he’s the devil’s spawn and nothing good can come of it, like some of y’all think.

Besides, most people holding an opinion never makes it right. That’s why we don’t do that whole direct democracy thing. Majorities are one of the single biggest threats to all of our rights.

A poll that asks a question we don’t already know the answer would be much more interesting. I have something in mind.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We keep talking about "shall not infringe". To what is probably the majority of citizens, limiting magazines to ten rounds, eliminating bump stocks, universal background checks, etc. does not seem to be an infringement of any type. We saw how quickly the bump stock thing happened and just on the basis of one incident. We will never see 2A be eliminated, but we will likely see attempts to limit or control, we will call it infringement and the voting public will call it responsible action.

These audits, well meaning as they may be, do nothing to help our standing.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any doubt how the vast majority of people here would vote. Heck, I might even vote with you guys depending on the wording of the question. It’s just not as simple of an issue for me as it is for most here. Just because I don’t think what he did is a good idea doesn’t mean I have to think he’s the devil’s spawn and nothing good can come of it, like some of y’all think.

Besides, most people holding an opinion never makes it right. That’s why we don’t do that whole direct democracy thing. Majorities are one of the single biggest threats to all of our rights.

A poll that asks a question we don’t already know the answer would be much more interesting. I have something in mind.

Then post it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have an example of this that you can cite to establish the validity of your claims that such behavior has turned public sentiment against us (you and me to be included in "us")? The people in our legislatures were placed there by We the People and those elected representatives on the whole believe it is OK for us to bear our arms (The Second Amendment considered notwithstanding for the sake of discussion) by virtue of the laws they have passed removing some of the infringements. Has your opinion of yourself bearing arms(I assume you do bear arms for the sake of discussion) been degraded by what this guy has done? My opinions of neither you nor myself have been degraded by what this guy has done.

Since when has the bearing of arms ever harmed anyone?

Woody

My comment is specific to the comment above in bold and underlined...

...the answer is every time that a gang-banger or other criminal shoots someone else. Granted, they may not carry legally, but they are carrying.

One other point I wonder about, but will have to stumble through the whole thread to check out each video, is whether the YouTube commandos have their YouTube channels "monetized" to where they are making some money off of their content?

I don't post anything to YouTube so I don't know how to tell if one makes money that way. I'm doing good just to watch some excellent videos on YouTube that are informative, entertaining, or educational.

mbok1947

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a model for how to comport yourself while armed in public, look to active and retired law enforcement officers. When not in uniform, they pretty much universally carry concealed, not openly, and even in uniform they do not routinely appear in public with a long gun or its equivalent except when an immediate display of heavy force is required, as in a barricaded suspect situation. Those same law enforcement people (at least the many I know) are almost unanimous in supporting and even encouraging responsible CCW.

I can also tell you what most of them would say about this character: "What a doofus."

Latest posts

Top Bottom