AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should give a flying **** what these idiots are doing, because it makes all gun owners look like they're anxious for a gun fight which further increases the bad stereotypes of gun owners.
These "audits" are ridiculous and in no way help the rights of gun owners.
Son, you don't understand, I really don't give two flying ***ks about any of this. The people in question will never cause me to lose any of my Right to Keep and Bear Arms. My right to own firearm and to defend myself with a firearm comes from the Highest power in the Universe. Those who oppose this will be eating ice cream in hell before I give up any of my firearms, and I will carry them when I feel like it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not even going to bother because your biased opinion and self righteousness just isn't enough brain power to win over reasonable experience of a past that completely passed you up so you have no idea. And reasonable judgement that doesn't come from a pompas ass kid like we have seen 100 times in this thread, with almost snowflake resemblance in their young lack of experience of how it used to be perfectly normal AND expected to see any type of gun, long or short, carried in public.
So until you can offer more than inexperience and snowflake behavior and opinion, maybe it's best to just listen.
I find it best to shut up when someone older and wiser talks.

You might want to check your facts before you go all keyboard commando. I’m older than you, served 4 years in the USMC while you were in grade school, and think people who carry an AR in public while live streaming are idiots. Was it you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even going to bother because your biased opinion and self righteousness just isn't enough brain power to win over reasonable experience of a past that completely passed you up so you have no idea. And reasonable judgement that doesn't come from a pompas ass kid like we have seen 100 times in this thread, with almost snowflake resemblance in their young lack of experience of how it used to be perfectly normal AND expected to see any type of gun, long or short, carried in public.
So until you can offer more than inexperience and snowflake behavior and opinion, maybe it's best to just listen.

Your last sentence...hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should give a flying **** what these idiots are doing, because it makes all gun owners look like they're anxious for a gun fight which further increases the bad stereotypes of gun owners.
These "audits" are ridiculous and in no way help the rights of gun owners.

This. 100% this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.... with almost snowflake resemblance in their young lack of experience of how it used to be perfectly normal AND expected to see any type of gun, long or short, carried in public.

Hell, I'm only 8 years younger than you and even I could remember a time when it was nothing to see rifles in the back windows of trucks. The problem is your comparing social acceptance of rifles/shotguns to a rifle that has the mainstream media bashing it for the past 20+ years. Social perception is everything. Case in point: look at the battle over weed. Until the spread of reefer madness no one gave two craps on a stick about it. And before you go there, yes I know weed isn't a right, I'm using it show how social perception of something leads to regulation and/or outright bans. Not only that, but even back then people would have probably called the police if some guy walked into a neighborhood park with a shotgun over his shoulder as there would be no reasonable explanation for someone to carry that firearm in that area. Walking down a country road? Sure. Maybe walking through a small town? Probably. In a city like Norman or OKC? People would have called the cops. Of course back then they would have had to run to a corner store or a nearby house, but you get the drift.

As I said, simply stating "Its his right!" does nothing. You'll be yelling that til you turn blue in the face while the libbies pass regulation after regulation because the ignorant populace buys their song and dance, and idiots like these people back up that perception.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I continue to hear is that people shouldn't carry guns in a park. If gun owners have this sentiment, then maybe it SHOULD be a law. Then they won't have to worry about people making them look bad. Maybe we can find some other places it's ridiculous for people to carry and restrict that too. Then we can get on to restricting what kind of guns they can carry. You don't have to agree with what he did, but for God's sake support it before you lose the same right. This picking and choosing your battles will soon find you with less armed people to back your position.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I continue to hear is that people shouldn't carry guns in a park. If gun owners have this sentiment, then maybe it SHOULD be a law. Then they won't have to worry about people making them look bad. Maybe we can find some other places it's ridiculous for people to carry and restrict that too. Then we can get on to restricting what kind of guns they can carry. You don't have to agree with what he did, but for God's sake support it before you lose the same right. This picking and choosing your battles will soon find you with less armed people to back your position.

Have you paid attention to what we have been saying? No one said you shouldn't carry guns in a park. This is strictly about clowns going out with the intent to draw a police response. And yes, carrying an AR pistol into a children's park is about as idiotic as eating tide pods. Why the hell would you need to do that? This wasn't some guy getting the cops called because he had an open carry pistol. Calling a stockless, short barreled AR a pistol simply because it meets the definition is ludicrous, its still an AR. And right now, thanks to the left, the general masses view the AR is scary, an image that is backed up by idiots doing stupid stunts like this!

As I said, keep yelling "Its his right!" all you want. Stunts like this just drive the unknowning public closer to agreeing with the libbies and willing to accept another ban. Hell, you may as well go out there and march with the libbies if you support behavior like this.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen this crap played out over something completely different, but the same result will happen. When the vape industry started those who were advocates told manufactures not to do stupid stuff like name their juice lines after children's cereal, or use images associated with said cereal. Did they listen? No. Now we have many states calling for flavor bans. So keep backing idiots like these and watch what little gains we have made in loosening restricts on the 2A disappear and bans put back in place.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have beat this thread to death. It seems like everyone either wants to 100% support this person's actions or they think he was acting irresponsibly. There is not going to be an amicable end to this. I suggest we stop and move on to a new topic, before this deteriorates further. It's on the edge now. People have different opinions and it's often hard to clarify in a few short, maybe hastily typed words. We all support the 2A here, it's just that some think what he did hurt the cause more than help it. If I was still a Mod, I'd close the thread as it has gotten out of hand, and the calling of names and the assertions of snowflakeness is borderline. Folks, this IS A GUN FORUM. Stop attacking each other; it's just what they want us to do. Divide and conquer, and all that stuff?

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have beat this thread to death. It seems like everyone either wants to 100% support this person's actions or they think he was acting irresponsibly. There is not going to be an amicable end to this. I suggest we stop and move on to a new topic, before this deteriorates further. It's on the edge now. People have different opinions and it's often hard to clarify in a few short, maybe hastily typed words. We all support the 2A here, it's just that some think what he did hurt the cause more than help it. If I was still a Mod, I'd close the thread as it has gotten out of hand, and the calling of names and the assertions of snowflakeness is borderline. Folks, this IS A GUN FORUM. Stop attacking each other; it's just what they want us to do. Divide and conquer, and all that stuff?
I’ll follow your lead and bow out of this. I think it’s about time for me to go back through everything I posted here and figure out who I need to apologize to for things I said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom