AR Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Optics do you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my 5.56 AR I use an ACOG TA11J-RMR combo, 3.5x35 with a Trijicon RMR with TA51 mount. Great for shooting at a distance or right up close. I bought it because it had a reputation for being indestructible so I figured it would be the only one I'd ever need on that particular AR and I'm sure it will be. My next 5.56 AR will get something a little more affordable lol.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can say for certain that my Elcan has had zero issues with this. Repeated removal and reinstallation has had no noticeable impact on the zero. Further, switching between magnifications has shown no issues either.

I did quite a bit of research before i selected this scope, and from what i can gather is the first generation specters had issues with respect to the a.r.m.s. mounts. This has since been rectified by a redesign of the mounts found on the next two generations. The lock up on the rails i have tried it on have been solid and tight.

I think you are correct about the internet rumor propagation.

I've never actually tried an Elcan but they seem to have a really good reputation for performance and durability from what I've read. I'd love to have a Canadian C7A1 clone with the Elcan Specter scope! Someday....sigh....

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of great feedback and talking points! I guess I could have extended the poll options but those were the top four I could think most talk about.
Thanks Guys

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best bang for the buck is Vortex razor 1-4 or if you can afford it the new 1-6
If you're on a budget, you can't beat the Primary Arms 1-4 for $125 or the 1-6 for $250. Believe it or not, those inexpensive Primary Arms scopes have great glass and hold zero after abuse pretty dang well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom