AR Pistol (and the like) guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you do with them? Not bashing...honest question.

Too big to shoot like a regular pistol...too small/no buttstock to shoulder appropriately...so how do you shoot them and do you hunt with them or just range toys?

The idea of a 300AAC AR Pistol seems like a good truck gun where you wouldnt be able to shoulder a rifle completely nor extend your arms for a pistol shot...I could see them fitting that niche but thats about it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a EXP556. Yep, kinda a range toy, but I have gotten surprisingly accurate with it with a red dot. (at least for me) I have joked about cutting 2 inches off the barrel and then I could conceal carry it. Ha Ha

It is fun to shoot, small enough for a backpack, but yep, limited real usefulness.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no use for them, they might be fun as a range toy...in .22LR maybe, but I can't see wasting money on centerfire ammo trying to feed the thing.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR pistols are a lot of fun. I'm no Tactical Timmy or Tac Timmy wanna be, so I don't really need a SBR for closs mall clearing.

I have access to SBRs and full auto weapons via our SOT, but personally, I will not pay the $200 tax stamps to exercise my rights, therefore I have at least 3 AR pistols around my house.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in 300 BLK with the Kak blade brace. I built mine as a SHTF/truck gun. It's short enough to fit in a large backpack so can carry it inconspicuously. The blade makes it very stable and with a good cheek weld, I can hit 20 oz pop bottles at 100 yards. I was going to use it for antlerless season this year, but never got the shot.

On a down side...it is the loudest SOB I own. It will definitely be the first weapon I will put a suppressor on when the hearing protection act passes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom