AR Pistol (and the like) guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the sub-2000's are fun too. I don't have a 40, but I do have the 9mm. They have a spot too. They are fun to shoot, and less expensive to shoot than blackout for sure. I believe you should own at least one of everything once that you have an interest in. I have been fortunate enough to have about done that. Still have a couple on the list, anyone got a 1919 Browning they would like to trade off? I like the AR platform and am very familiar with it, so I may be partial to the pistol vs. the Sub. I also put my pistols together the way I wanted them. But that is why they make both, everyone likes something a little different. I say try em all, and keep the ones you like.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of AR pistols and an SBR, but I am using this suppressed as my truck gun and home defense weapon.

Wow, I haven't seen that setup yet. That illustrates the silliness of the brace more than an AR, even. It looks like fun, though.

To respond to the OP, I have an AR pistol and it's a fun range toy but also handy to put in the car/truck easily if desired. It's just a poor man's SBR to me. I don't have a brace on mine, or even a foam cover on the tube, but it's easy enough to shoot either shouldered or from the cheek.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one, awkward as all get up trying to get a cheek weld, it's just waiting for the tax stamp.

Same here. Have an 11.5 with a gas piston system. I love the hell out of it, but waiting for the stamp so I can add a real stock and a forward grip. Loudness is definitely a factor. Probably be in the market for a suppressor soon enough.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1707.JPG

Here's mine. Slowly adding to it, but waiting for the tax stamp to make it legit with a real stock. Still on the fence regarding cerakoting it. Mine has a gas piston system and I like it. Keeps the smoke out of the face. Things to add in the next few months:

1.) suppressor
2.) prism sight
3.) cerakote (?)

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have a 300 pistol wearing an 8.2" Noveske bbl. It sits capable of dealing it 1.5moa all day long and has given me a couple(avg. 1 of 5 attempts) 1" groups @100 fitted with a x25 and a bench rest. Yeah it still needs to be SBR'd, but even without a stock, this short gun will ring the 12" 200 gong 27/28 shots(xp mag spring) from a standing unsupported. So I guess the question is, if built right, what can't you do with it?
CQB/HD? Check.
Hunting? Check.
500yd plinking? Check (750 with a 2 MOA dot if you're Travis Haley)
Truck gun? Big old check
Homestead defense on a few acres? Check

You pick any distance between 5&300yds, my pistol will feel right at home. And outperform my HK45 in trajectory, accuracy, and the transfer of kinetic energy!
And if God forbid, some idiots broke into my home tonight, they would meet me and my HK, and my wife sitting behind 27 rounds of pissed off momma bear in the form of Lehigh Max Expanse. As the short, lightweight, easily controllable, familiar platform(also a veteran) is her go-to for HD work.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have a 300 pistol wearing an 8.2" Noveske bbl. It sits capable of dealing it 1.5moa all day long and has given me a couple(avg. 1 of 5 attempts) 1" groups @100 fitted with a x25 and a bench rest. Yeah it still needs to be SBR'd, but even without a stock, this short gun will ring the 12" 200 gong 27/28 shots(xp mag spring) from a standing unsupported. So I guess the question is, if built right, what can't you do with it?
CQB/HD? Check.
Hunting? Check.
500yd plinking? Check (750 with a 2 MOA dot if you're Travis Haley)
Truck gun? Big old check
Homestead defense on a few acres? Check

You pick any distance between 5&300yds, my pistol will feel right at home. And outperform my HK45 in trajectory, accuracy, and the transfer of kinetic energy!
And if God forbid, some idiots broke into my home tonight, they would meet me and my HK, and my wife sitting behind 27 rounds of pissed off momma bear in the form of Lehigh Max Expanse. As the short, lightweight, easily controllable, familiar platform(also a veteran) is her go-to for HD work.

I don't hunt and I'm in an urban setting so it works perfectly for any need I may ever have from basic self defense to surviving the apocalypse. (Though it's not my go to for home defense.) Plus, it's fun.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my Ferfrans. Do you know
If they make direct thread suppressors compatible with it?

I haven't looked - I'm really not into the whole suppressor scene, as I don't hang onto any given firearm long enough to want to deal with the NFA paperwork cr@p. Now if they actually remove suppressors from the NFA list, I'd get a lot more interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom