AR Pistol (and the like) guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep, now the big question is: will it die in committee, or will it actually move on to a vote in Congress? The next question after that is, will Congress actually pass the bill? I'll admit I'd be surprised if the last bit happens. Too much misleading propaganda out there about how silencers are EVIL for the average American to see them any other way. Thanks, Hollywood.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, now the big question is: will it die in committee, or will it actually move on to a vote in Congress? The next question after that is, will Congress actually pass the bill? I'll admit I'd be surprised if the last bit happens. Too much misleading propaganda out there about how silencers are EVIL for the average American to see them any other way. Thanks, Hollywood.

I would say it's likely it will work its way through. This has been more movement in just a few weeks than before it was even introduced. Republicans have a majority in both chambers and most people are too busy getting distracted by Trump's tweets to pay attention, which was already pretty hard for most Americans to do prior to that.

Personally I would put it higher than 50%.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will for sure pass congress, I think. The senate will be tougher, but a few Dems are actually fairly strong on gun rights, so I doubt any of those make a lot of noise. The real question is will some republican senators break away? House will be a piece of cake though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best use for an AR pistol is as a placeholder for a Form 1 SBR. Second best is to have 4/5ths of an SBR because you can't or won't pay the tax stamp. The best use for an SBR or 4/5ths SBR is home defense or vehicle carry.

Which is exactly what I built mine for. The wife has RA and can't run a conventional handgun very well. The icing on the cake is it eats EVERY +P and +P+ hollow point I've fed it and I fed it at least 6 different ones. 32 rounds of Winchester Ranger +P+ is nothing to sneeze at out of a 7 inch barrel. and 9mm don't kick much either. ;)

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you do with them? Not bashing...honest question.

Too big to shoot like a regular pistol...too small/no buttstock to shoulder appropriately...so how do you shoot them and do you hunt with them or just range toys?

The idea of a 300AAC AR Pistol seems like a good truck gun where you wouldnt be able to shoulder a rifle completely nor extend your arms for a pistol shot...I could see them fitting that niche but thats about it.
They seem like just range toys to me. Or something to buy and have with the intention of SBRing once you have the cash. I know a guy who has a sig braces that he has had on 5 different rifles while he waited for his stamps to come in. Seems like just something to have for a transition period.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_5K9JQNF.jpg

11" Truck Monkey. anywhere an SBR is found useful, a pistol is useful. I am currently piecing together a 7" upper for funnies.

I'm like others in that I refuse to pay the tax stamp for a shorter barrel. Id also have a suppressor on everything I own if it wasn't for the NFA BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom