AR Pistol (and the like) guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm like others in that I refuse to pay the tax stamp for a shorter barrel. Id also have a suppressor on everything I own if it wasn't for the NFA BS.

My sentiments exactly. I also don't hang onto any particular firearm long enough to make the NFA process worthwhile. When I'm ready to sell, I don't want to have to wait 8-10 months to complete a deal.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly. I also don't hang onto any particular firearm long enough to make the NFA process worthwhile. When I'm ready to sell, I don't want to have to wait 8-10 months to complete a deal.
In that case it doesnt make sense. I would like to do a couple SBRs that I wouldnt sell but I would have to make them really nice rifles or something interesting. Been thinking of getting a Zenith MP5 Clone. I would SBR that. Waiting on a can stamp now. Its been 9 months... Its killing me...

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just dont know why they couldnt allow FFL to administer tax stamp and do the back ground check. They allow them to make post may samples. They allow them to administer background checks on non NFA items. Why not NFA and use that extra money that the ATF spends on administering tax stamps into catching real criminals like those who intentionally try to get a gun from an FFL when they know they cant pass the 4473.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In that case it doesnt make sense. I would like to do a couple SBRs that I wouldnt sell but I would have to make them really nice rifles or something interesting. Been thinking of getting a Zenith MP5 Clone. I would SBR that. Waiting on a can stamp now. Its been 9 months... Its killing me...

Same here. I see people Form 1'ing cheap lowers and think $200 on top makes it expensive! If I'm gonna do it, I'd much prefer to have something like a KAC on a Form 4. That way it will retain value even on resale (not that I would).

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, I saw an SBRd Polymer lower at the range a couple months back!!! Of course I kept my mouth shut, because hell, he's taken the initiative to pay the tax, but I was thinking "really bro? Polymer? What happens when you accidentally sit on that thing? Haha, you'd almost HAVE to try to plastic weld it back!
There's another post on here where a guy mentions wanting an anti pin-roll set. I told him that i don't really like them personally, but this SBRd poly lower was the first guy I actually told should go for it...
In the back of my mind thinking, "are you sure that thing can stand direct sunlight? You should probably store it in a cool, dry, place like antibiotics" SMH!

But to each his own! 10,000,000 ways to build it, might as well be unique! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom