AR Punisher Lower Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well they have said you can shoulder it and then also said you cannot. The real grey area is when you look into some of the things like the shockwave "stabilizer", how is that not considered a stock.
I have a shockwave brace on an AR pistol, it is less of a stock than a sig brace is. The only difference is on you put your arm in the other, you strap to the side of your arm. The ATF has ruled that both are legal, to include another type that is adjustable.
This letter sort of makes it black and white, not gray.
shockwavetechnologies.com_site_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_a_a.jpg
shockwavetechnologies.com_site_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_a1.jpg

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read the letters and essentially it say it's legal if you use it as intended, with your arm essentially straight out how you would hold a pistol.

To each their own, but I rarely see people try and shoot their at pistol like that, they try to bring it up and get a cheek weld. It's the same hoopla that the sig brace got, atf said it's fine but when every one started shouldering it that's where it became a problem.

We can go on and on about the subject but the vast majority of people who bought stabilizers and braces bought them to get around a tax stamp. Personally I dislike putting the pistol tube up to my cheek to aim down the sights properly and it's even worse holding it out away from my body like a pistol. I have it in the configuration currently as I am waiting.

Op on some of your build the number one question I got and have seen when these types of threads pop up is what do you want the gun to do. Do you want to plink, compete, self defense, hunt, etc. after you made that choice go with how you want it to look, and finally do the accessorizing phase. From first hand experience I will tell you I built mine the way I wanted it and now it's changed and I'm sure it will change again in the future.

I saw some people who mentioned the trigger in my rifles they both have jp springs ( one reduced power and one reliability kit) and the set screw mod, the reduced power has a nice pull but I ran into issues until o modified the hammer and now it's a champ. Personally I love those trigger mods for less than $20 you can get a really nice trigger.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read the letters and essentially it say it's legal if you use it as intended, with your arm essentially straight out how you would hold a pistol.

To each their own, but I rarely see people try and shoot their at pistol like that, they try to bring it up and get a cheek weld. It's the same hoopla that the sig brace got, atf said it's fine but when every one started shouldering it that's where it became a problem.

We can go on and on about the subject but the vast majority of people who bought stabilizers and braces bought them to get around a tax stamp. Personally I dislike putting the pistol tube up to my cheek to aim down the sights properly and it's even worse holding it out away from my body like a pistol. I have it in the configuration currently as I am waiting.

Op on some of your build the number one question I got and have seen when these types of threads pop up is what do you want the gun to do. Do you want to plink, compete, self defense, hunt, etc. after you made that choice go with how you want it to look, and finally do the accessorizing phase. From first hand experience I will tell you I built mine the way I wanted it and now it's changed and I'm sure it will change again in the future.

I saw some people who mentioned the trigger in my rifles they both have jp springs ( one reduced power and one reliability kit) and the set screw mod, the reduced power has a nice pull but I ran into issues until o modified the hammer and now it's a champ. Personally I love those trigger mods for less than $20 you can get a really nice trigger.
I know what you are saying, but I think you are reading into what is being said by the ATF. Its not how you have to hold the pistol, it is how you cannot hold it. The only thing you cannot do is put it against your shoulder, but I know that is what most guys are going to do, use it as a stock. You could rest it against your balls if you wanted to, and it would be legal. I think the ATF knows what is happening, but cannot do anything about it, now that the letters are out there.
Can you send me a link to the way you did your triggers? I am debating about getting trident triggers or a POF or Rise trigger.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well they have said you can shoulder it and then also said you cannot. The real grey area is when you look into some of the things like the shockwave "stabilizer", how is that not considered a stock.
Because the ATF said it's not as long as you don't shoulder it. What is so ridiculous is trying to single handedly shoot an 11.5" AR. "Stabilizer" or not, it ain't fun. But it does keep the gun more steady with the blade. I wouldn't ever want to shoulder the shockwave because it would hurt. There ain't any padding to make it comfortable. So until I get my tax stamp I will have to deal with the shockwave. Better than a tube.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because the ATF said it's not as long as you don't shoulder it. What is so ridiculous is trying to single handedly shoot an 11.5" AR. "Stabilizer" or not, it ain't fun.

And that's why "pistol" AR's are gayer than 2 guys kissing.
Until the law changes and gets rid of the stupidity that is the NFA, just SBR it and shoot it as it should be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom