AR Scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
racist slur
A lot of you sure like using those Commie built scopes. My suggestion... get something that actually has some halfway decent glass in it and can take a little abuse. Maybe something that is made in the U.S., like a Leupold or Trijicon, or at least Japan. MAYBE a pinoy one like a Burris or Nikon if you're really hard up for cash. But get that Chink BS out of here if you have even the fantasy of any kind of serious role for your AR... and if you don't, I have to ask, why tf do you even own an AR?

I noticed some bogus advice in here too w/r/t objective lens size... newsflash, a scope that doesn't adjust higher than 6x doesn't need any more than a 24mm objective lens for maximum light transmission. Look through a Swarovski Z6i or Kahles K16i sometime and tell me if you think they have poor low light performance. Friggin internet experts.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of you sure like using those Commie built scopes. My suggestion... get something that actually has some halfway decent glass in it and can take a little abuse. Maybe something that is made in the U.S., like a Leupold or Trijicon, or at least Japan. MAYBE a pinoy one like a Burris or Nikon if you're really hard up for cash. But get that Chink BS out of here if you have even the fantasy of any kind of serious role for your AR... and if you don't, I have to ask, why tf do you even own an AR?

I noticed some bogus advice in here too w/r/t objective lens size... newsflash, a scope that doesn't adjust higher than 6x doesn't need any more than a 24mm objective lens for maximum light transmission. Look through a Swarovski Z6i or Kahles K16i sometime and tell me if you think they have poor low light performance. Friggin internet experts.

Well, hello, Mr. Elite Operator.

I'd refrain from racial slurs if I were you, first of all. Second of all, some of us have and are very happy with foreign-made optics, and they perform and hold up very well.

It's one thing to recommend buying American - it's another to use derogatory racial slurs against an entire region of the world, and personally, I don't think it's appropriate. Take it somewhere else, or learn to express yourself like an adult and not a uneducated and bigoted moron.

Have a nice day. :D

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about one with a good warranty? Vortex replaced this one under warranty. Held up better than most of the rifle, may still work...

Attachments

• IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 167

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Vortex's lifetime, unconditional warranty sold it for me.

I'm not worried about country of origin and anyone criticizing someone for using a commie built optic better make damn sure nothing they own is made in China....otherwise they're just an internet blowhard.

Last edited:

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I own lots of Chicom made stuff that is mass produced and requires low skill labor... but when it comes to precision instruments like scopes, used on a tool that I depend on to protect/take life and/or to put meat on the table, I just plain don't trust them, and neither should you. So you have a great warranty... good for you. You know what's even better than that? A good quality product that you never need to use a warranty on. That in addition to the fact that Chinese glass is universally considered to be at the bottom of the barrel in optical performance by anyone who knows a thing about the optics industry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Nikons. Also with unlimited no fault warranty.
Like the Monarch model that got broke in half when I had to make a decision to drop my rifle or continue to slide down the face of a steep slope on a hunt. The rifle fell another 50' or so landing directly on the scope.
Sent it in to Nikon without a receipt, and they sent me another Monarch 6X24X50 for $10 to cover shipping.
Pretty cheap junk those Monarchs are. Lol.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm partial to those Asian made scopes with the Bushnell brand. I've been beating the **** out of them for about 25 years and have no complaints whatsoever.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I own lots of Chicom made stuff that is mass produced and requires low skill labor... but when it comes to precision instruments like scopes, used on a tool that I depend on to protect/take life and/or to put meat on the table, I just plain don't trust them, and neither should you. So you have a great warranty... good for you. You know what's even better than that? A good quality product that you never need to use a warranty on. That in addition to the fact that Chinese glass is universally considered to be at the bottom of the barrel in optical performance by anyone who knows a thing about the optics industry.

<yawn>

Right, man.

Like I said... your tacticool elite "operator" status is safe here, Quail Springs One. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom