AR Styles/Calibers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
of the brands you listed i only have IMI which is Israeli ammo, also Freedom is made by IMI and marketed by Federal. I bought the IMI cause the Israelis have been in a shooting war for decades and when the lives of your folk depend on quality rounds ... experience counts. but any and all of them you listed is good ammo. i've been slowly shooting my factory rounds up, buying some LC auction brass and hand loading 55 & 64gr gold dots

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh. Never been to a range. Why don't they like 'em?

Green tip is steep core, or "penetrator" not "armor piercing" like some folks will tell you.

But the steel core can tear up steel plates and tears the hell out of the back stops in indoor ranges. Sometimes they'll run a magnet over your magazines to make sure there is no steel in your ammo, that's what they've done for my pre-loaded mags at 2A in Tulsa.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I've been looking at steel mags as well. IME, mag lips are often the problem with FTF. I'd prefer mine adjustable if necessary.
:drunk2:
The green tip M855 was designed to shoot through walls and vehicle doors, items that some .223/5.57 have an issue doing.
Google shooting through sheet rock with .223 for more intel.
I'd strongly suggest going with Gen 3 pmags for reliability. I"m not sure there are steel mags. Everyone I've ever seen is aluminum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom