AR trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better than a Timmney? I've got 3lb timmneys in all of my AR's and some bolt guns. It would be tough to beat them in performance.

Edit: I see the OP post is a two stage. I don't want a two stage. Won't fit my shooting style.

You are correct, huge differ nice between 1 & 2 stage triggers. First being I don't like a 1 stage trigger and I shoot a 2 stage much better... But everybody is different, if I liked1 stage I'd def have the Timney

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LaRue MBT 2S or ALG Act if you want a spiffy'd up mil-spec trigger. Rise Armament RA-140, POF, Velocity or CMC if you want a budget-er drop in. TriggerTech, HyperFire or Timney if you want a Cadillac drop in.

I have an ALG Act in my Mk. 18 SBR, 2 diffrent POF single stage drop ins, a Velocity 3.5lb straight drop in, an RA-434 in my PCC and a Trigger Tech 700 special in my bolt gun. Recommend all all of them.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I placed my order today with larue. $92 shipped!

I elected to go with that from talks positive reviews.

This is my first AR and figured I would start at the “bottom” and work my way up to the higher end triggers on future guns.

I’m already planning on building a “shorty” style ar for fun!

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got MBT's installed in 2 of my builds and 1 more waiting for another build or my sons M&P15-22. All 3 were bought when they were on sale for $99. So $87 is a deal. You will not regret it. They are light years ahead of a spec trigger and I'd say on par with a Geissele.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a first AR why not just do a simple polish and trigger setscrew mod with JP springs? https://www.okshooters.com/threads/50-cent-ar-trigger-job-by-junk-yard-genius.196946/

Two stage triggers have never really been my thing and by the time you polish the surfaces and take up the extra slack. Cheap, reliable and a learning experience. Why throw a hundred bucks when you can do it for the cost of a set screw and about ten bucks for the springs? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...igger-spring-kit-ar-15-3-1-2-lb-reduced-power

If you don't like it you can always throw more money at it but IMHO it's better to start off with something cheap. I would put a proper milspec trigger that is tuned a little with the above mentioned mods against a more expensive trigger any day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a first AR why not just do a simple polish and trigger setscrew mod with JP springs? https://www.okshooters.com/threads/50-cent-ar-trigger-job-by-junk-yard-genius.196946/

Two stage triggers have never really been my thing and by the time you polish the surfaces and take up the extra slack. Cheap, reliable and a learning experience. Why throw a hundred bucks when you can do it for the cost of a set screw and about ten bucks for the springs? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...igger-spring-kit-ar-15-3-1-2-lb-reduced-power

If you don't like it you can always throw more money at it but IMHO it's better to start off with something cheap. I would put a proper milspec trigger that is tuned a little with the above mentioned mods against a more expensive trigger any day.

I bought three of them. Installed one. Gave one away to a forum member for a little shooting help, and the third is still hanging on a hook behind the reloading bench. I’ve removed the one I’d installed and replaced it with Timney. Every centerfire rifle I own but two are Timney. They are
In my honest opinion, the best trigger out there. you can’t take a junk milspec trigger and modify it to make it perform like a quality custom engineered trigger designed to be what it is.
You can improve the milspec trigger but that’s about it. It will never be a precision trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom