AR with rifle barrel & no stock can be received as other .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what he is more or less asking is whether it will have be signed in as a rifle, pistol or other (which he wants to do) since it dont have the stock on it, to me it depends on the length of barrel but im not sure.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Can FFL receive it as >other< since it has no butt stock
That, 👆 👆 👆 👆 doesn't really matter. It's still a rifle.

It can be received as a rifle since it has everything but a stock. It would be "other" if it was only the lower. He can send you everything but the lower and then send the lower to your ffl and it will be "other". None of that really matters though, they are handled the same. An SBR or AOW is a different thing altogether though.

Are you thinking of an AOW? Any Other Weapon?

Is something done to the barrel to change it from a rifle or parts on the gun to make it an AOW?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'm lost as 10 lieutenants right now. Are you asking if it should be transferred as "other"? Or are you asking if it should be transferred as a rifle? Or are you stating that you want it to be transferred as other for whatever reasons you have?

Right now, it would transferred as a rifle if it has a rifle length barrel (16").

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what Section C of the 4473 says about category . . .

4473 Section C.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom