AR15 complete build list.... need help completing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The more crap you put on one...like all your super cool tactical MIAD is only going to take away reliability and make problems appear...but whatever.

I would love to see you demonstrate over thousands of rounds just how a different grip affects reliability. If nothing else it will keep you busy and away from your keyboard for a while.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The parts you have listed sound like a good plinker.

Though if you have any inkling of using it for self defense/house gun, Id change a couple of parts.
1. Ditch the comp/brake you have. You'll blow out your ear drums with that thing inside your house (its already going to daze you without a brake . That one you have there is more brake than flash suppressor. Unless you are in competition, you dont need a brake.
2. Get at least a milspec, or better, lower parts kit/fire control. Im not familiar with the one you have listed but its on the expensive side and that doesn't necessarily mean reliability.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The parts you have listed sound like a good plinker.

Though if you have any inkling of using it for self defense/house gun, Id change a couple of parts.
1. Ditch the comp/brake you have. You'll blow out your ear drums with that thing inside your house (its already going to daze you without a brake . That one you have there is more brake than flash suppressor. Unless you are in competition, you dont need a brake.
2. Get at least a milspec, or better, lower parts kit/fire control. Im not familiar with the one you have listed but its on the expensive side and that doesn't necessarily mean reliability.

For home defense I will definately get a can. No way no how will I try to fire an AR in my house. I may live but I won't get to hear anything afterwards (exagerated, but I agree with your statement). I know I won't really need a flash hider, won't be firing at night, so it was between a break or a comp and would rather have the upswing control of a comp. You you have a recommendation for a different one?

For the LPK sans trigger I will go with milspec, probably get the Anderson kit mentioned earlier. For the trigger I looked around for a light pull trigger. This might be the one part I'll have to buy and try before I know if I will like it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For home defense I will definately get a can. No way no how will I try to fire an AR in my house. I may live but I won't get to hear anything afterwards (exagerated, but I agree with your statement). I know I won't really need a flash hider, won't be firing at night, so it was between a break or a comp and would rather have the upswing control of a comp. You you have a recommendation for a different one?

For the LPK sans trigger I will go with milspec, probably get the Anderson kit mentioned earlier. For the trigger I looked around for a light pull trigger. This might be the one part I'll have to buy and try before I know if I will like it.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sell that mission first tactical junk at Walmart. Cheapo poop

If you are commenting about the MIAD, please explain to me how it being sold at wal-mart constitutes it as cheapo poop? Its a friggin grip. For plinking I don't need a $100 specialized makes love to my hand grip. I just wanted one that fit better than the stock pistol grip.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you are commenting about the MIAD, please explain to me how it being sold at wal-mart constitutes it as cheapo poop? Its a friggin grip. For plinking I don't need a $100 specialized makes love to my hand grip. I just wanted one that fit better than the stock pistol grip.

He's talking about the stock I linked to.

You can for the most part just ignore him. He used to be a helpful knowledgeable guy, but now he just like to drop in on threads and fling cheap "stuff you buy at walmart."

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, makes me feel a bit better about my trigger selection. One of the reasons I went with this trigger is the fact its a drop in, don't have to worry about getting the springs put in wrong. I didn't know that the pin pattern can vary from one lower to another, so this is another reason to get a drop in if you are not getting a matched lower and trigger.

If you're not hunting low pull weights and short take up / overtravel, the variance between lowers is going to be small enough that component triggers are fine.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why wouldn't you use a AR in your house? Apt or townhouse?

A A2 bird cage is all you need, but you can put on what ever you want. Before getting a comp, shoot it first. If the recoil impulse is still slightly high for you, Id get the next higher buffer weight to smooth it out. Your barrel is already a mid length so that's going to smooth out the recoil as is

Latest posts

Top Bottom