AR15 day...........whadaya think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, we want to change people's perception of guns and gun owners.
How about AR15 day, or week.

It could be city wide, state wide, or even a national thing.

The local ranges could agree to have free shoot-an-AR15 day, when people who haven't shot one could come and have about a 15 minute classroom intro, then shoot 10-15 rounds on the range. Several of these classroom/range rounds in the day.

If it was AR15 WEEK, then the ranges could have the one day for people to come and shoot free, but the rest of the week would be for AR15 owners to take a friend to the range and let them shoot the AR15.

The goal would be to make it less scary, and show that the media blows it out of proportion.

Some points to make in the classroom:
Show that the cartridge is not as big as most "hunting" cartridges.
Explain that the rifle looks the way it does for practical reasons. It's modular; like your computer or your car, it can be personalized.
It's light, easy to shoot, and doesn't have much recoil.
It's used for hunting and competition, as well as defensive purposes.
These points are what makes it the most popular rifle.

There may be some trolls show up asking stuff like "why does it have 30 round clips", etc, so we'd have to be ready for that.

I have no idea how to put this together, but if done right it might help. It would be nice to have some big bucks behind it to publicize it.

Whadaya think?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do social media, except for here and a few other special interest forums.

The only contact I have at any of the ranges is Will Andrews at Wilshire. I'd be willing to start talking about it there.

We could even say it's coming from the OK Shooters Association in cooperation with local ranges.

I'd say don't leak the idea until we have the ranges on board.

Latest posts

Top Bottom