AR15 Purchase Help....

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto is mid tier?
They may be better now I have no idea, but when they were blowing out everything way cheaper than anyone else maybe t years ago, they were trash.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1500 will get you a LaRue UU kit and more. I own two LaRue's and two Noveske's, both are the same class in quality, the LaRue a more accurate rifle. The UU kit I've bought for myself and built for others and they are ALMOST as good as a factory built LaRue. If you want factory built, I would recommend you spend another 300 and get a LaRue PredatAR. I get half MOA easy with mine with factory ammo. A UU will be a smidgen over 1k and you'll get everything a factory rifle will get you.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I think they still offer this deal, but if you buy a UU kit, they will sell you their Tranquilo suppressor for 399.

Attachments

• IMG_E7997.JPG
    IMG_E7997.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 212

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^$1500 or less and less and less...^^^

I'm in NO HURRY....would Wannamacher Show this Fall be a place to see and handle various AR 15 rifles or would that be a FUBAR???

You will find most of to mid and upper tier manufacturers have went to a floated barrel which deletes the front sight gas block for accuracy reasons. Carry handle went to removable decades ago and became a mostly discarded unnecessary accessory. So most stopped including them.

I would send you toward a Colt for an out of the box gun that meets your desired design if you are firm on it. It fits you price point, but you may have to look a bit to find one. And you likely will not find one to go put your hands on before buying.

Colt AR15A4 Rifle
https://www.colt.com/detail-page/colt-ar15a4-ar-15-30-1-223rem-556nato-20

Here is one on Gunbroker.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/832584609

Fredkrueger100

Come to Freddy!!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend Sons of Liberty Gun Works out of San Antonio. It is the best rifle I have ever owned. They have a lifetime warranty on their barrels. Customer service is top notch. I have spoken to the owner by text and he was great. I have heard from different folks that they are better than BCM. I can concur. I have an LWRC and it’s better than it. You can buy a full rifle or pistol or build your own which is cheaper. You won’t be disappointed I can guarantee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom