AR15 upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on parts upgrades that are worthwhile and necessary. (Supressor is already on the list, but I'm waiting a bit for jumping on that one.)

So far here is what I have added:

1.) Radian ambi charge handle and ambi safety.
2.) Timeny single stage trigger.
3.) KNS trigger pins lock.
4.) Strike industries dust cover (In FDE meant more for aesthetics.)
5.) Strike industries flat buffer spring.
6.) Ferfrans CQB linear compensator muzzle device.

Is there anything else I'm missing or that you think is worthwhile? This is my first AR and I'm kind of learning as I go. Base pistol is an Adam Arms 11.5 with a gas piston system and a Samson Evo handguard. (Form 1 filing this week.)

Thank you all.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Strike Industries polymer dust covers on all of my AR's. I think they are far superior over the standard mil-spec metal dust covers. The SI dust covers are under spring tension, and are extremely easy to install and remove (unlike the mil-spec dust cover which is hard to remove without marking up your upper receiver). I hope you don't have to wait too long on your tax stamp, and that your build comes out exceeding your expectations! Don't forget to post pics we want to see

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Strike Industries polymer dust covers on all of my AR's. I think they are far superior over the standard mil-spec metal dust covers. The SI dust covers are under spring tension, and are extremely easy to install and remove (unlike the mil-spec dust cover which is hard to remove without marking up your upper receiver). I hope you don't have to wait too long on your tax stamp, and that your build comes out exceeding your expectations! Don't forget to post pics we want to see

For sure. Just waiting on the trust from the lawyer and it's going out. I love the Strike industries dust cover on mine as well. Their flat buffer spring has also made quite the difference as well. Here's how it looks so far. I still plan to get it cerakoted.

IMG_1707.JPG

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your intended use for the rifle? That will honestly drive any mods which have a need to fulfill.

Fun mostly. I don't hunt or engage in competitions, at least not yet. It's my first AR and I always wanted a short barrell. I don't really use it for home defense, as it's a bit too much. Although I'm sure if it starts looking like the walking dead around here it will be my primary then. :)

But 99% of the use is just for fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom