Arby's Prohibits Concealed Weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My email to Kim:

Mr. Thompson,

I am very disappointed to hear that Arby's is posting the Oklahoma area restauraunts to prohibit legally carried concealed firearms. I consider it irresponsible to disregard the physical safety of Arby's customers in such a way. Arby's does not provide any effective security measures to prevent violence in their restauraunts. History has shown that restauraunts can easily become massacre sites. To deny law abiding customers the ability to defend themselves in Arby's is foolhardy. These policies accomplish nothing and do not shield your corporation from any liability.

I am very saddened to hear of this decision. As a law enforcement officer, I consider my safety and that of my friends and family much more valuable than a sandwich. I will certainly miss those Italian Classic subs though. :(

Regards,

As for boycotting stickers, you bet. If they have a no guns policy but fail to post the stickers, they're implying that the policy is only for show. I'm not militant about boycotting the establishments that post, but there are plenty that I do boycott. It hurts their bottom line and doesn't affect me much at all.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My email to Kim:

As for boycotting stickers, you bet. If they have a no guns policy but fail to post the stickers, they're implying that the policy is only for show. I'm not militant about boycotting the establishments that post, but there are plenty that I do boycott. It hurts their bottom line and doesn't affect me much at all.

The only difference in posting a sticker and not posting when they have a "no guns" policy is courage in their conviction.

Im kind of an envelope pusher in most respects of life. I feel since me having a concealed weapon on me if/when I patronize one of these very uninformed establishments, its absolutely none of their business and does not having anything to do with doing business with them in the first place. So to me its moot point.

Email sent to Arby's with my dissenting opinion as well.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand it is thier choice same as it is mine. The way i see it is that we are not trusted by these people to be law abiding honest citizens yet they expect us to trust them. Fat chance of that from me. Besides, lotsa places sell curly fries that are just as good if not better. Won't hurt my feelings to stay out of there. I remember when wally world pulled the same thing but it didn't take them long to change thier mind.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I conceal and carry and will continue my patronage to Arbys.

Now, *ahem*, I tend to ignore those little stickers and policies as the only thing they can do is ask me to leave. If I dont leave, its tresspassing. So, the only *law* I would be breaking is tresspassing. In order for them to know I am carrying, I would have to fail at concealing. Its all a non-issue for me.

But let me ask this, if you had a friend or relative that wasnt comfortable with you carrying on their property (home, land, whatever) would you stop going over there?

Seems silly to boycott a private property thing. :/

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but I am like alot of the others, I dont let a insignificant place like Arby's or 7-11 strip me of my right to carry.

If you are carrying correctly then they shjould not know if you have your weapon on you. Even so the worst they can do is ask you to leave the first time.

I've been studying this lately, and talked with cops, a SDA Instructor, and he spoke to a lawyer(DA) and they feel differently than what I've read in this forum. This forum feels that all they can do is ask you to leave and after this it could be considered a tresspass. There are a couples problems with this. Any "safety first" clerk shouldn't approach an unknown person that they spot carrying a gun. They have no idea who you are or what your plans are. The cops will then be called. In the SDA book, the state of Oklahoma give a Business Owner the right to prohibit the conceal carry of a weapon. If you violate this law that the state has given to the business owner you are in violation of this section
TITLE 21 § 1276. Penalty for 1272 and 1273
PENALTY FOR 1272 AND 1273

Any person violating the provisions of Section 1272 or 1273 shall, upon a
first conviction, be adjudged guilty of a misdemeanor and the party offending
shall be punished by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) nor
more than Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00), or by imprisonment in the
county jail for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days or both such fine and
imprisonment. On the second and every subsequent violation, the party
offending shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not less than Two
Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00) nor more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00),
or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not less than thirty (30) days
nor more than three (3) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Any person convicted of violating the provisions of Section 1272 or 1273
after having been issued a concealed handgun license pursuant to the provisions
of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 25 of this act, shall have
the license suspended for a period of six (6) months and shall be liable for an
administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) upon a hearing and determination
by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of
the provisions of this section. delinquent or adjudicated delinquent
;

Also prosecuted under 1289.25.
Subsection D

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been studying this lately, and talked with cops, a SDA Instructor, and he spoke to a lawyer(DA) and they feel differently than what I've read in this forum. This forum feels that all they can do is ask you to leave and after this it could be considered a tresspass. There are a couples problems with this. Any "safety first" clerk shouldn't approach an unknown person that they spot carrying a gun. They have no idea who you are or what your plans are. The cops will then be called. In the SDA book, the state of Oklahoma give a Business Owner the right to prohibit the conceal carry of a weapon. If you violate this law that the state has given to the business owner you are in violation of this section

or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not less than thirty (30) days
by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of
;

Subsection D

If that's all true, the law should specify "how" the places have to ban weapons. Is having a policy enough, or on a list of rules posted somewhere (eg the malls), or a gun buster sign? Nothing in the law says any of that.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

;

Subsection D

Nothing in 1289, 1272 and 1273 mentions carrying in a private business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom