Arby's Prohibits Concealed Weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
e-mail sent along with a link to the Luby's massacre.

Arby's is such bad food, I can't remember the last time I choked down their food.

Luby's, fortunately, learned and does not post its places, at least here. I go to the one in Tulsa regularly.

jej

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I treat the sticker like a warning, like a no trespassing sign. Anyone hear eat at churches chicken? They have a sign proclaiming their entire property including the drive thru is off limits. I love me some churches chicken but they don't get my business, neither will arby's now.

E-mail of protestation sent. All of you we live in Oklahoma and it's no big deal types need to visit other states where the sticker is a big deal.

I spend my money where I am not publicly slapped in the face for being a law abiding citizen in good standing that has taken the the time and effort to insure that my family is protected.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a response to my email.

Joshua,

We are in the process of reconsidering this position.. I am talking with senior management to get these signs removed immediately.

I will notify you if I am successful.

Thanks

Kim

Kim M. Thompson, CLU

Vice President, HR & Risk

United States Beef Corp.

4923 E. 49th Street

Tulsa, OK 74135

(918) 610-2255 phone

(918) 628-3255 fax

[email protected]

Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:07 AM
To: Kim Thompson
Subject: Concealed Carry in Arby's.

Ms. Thompson,

We regret to inform you that having been recently made aware of your anti firearms position in relation to concealed carry in your stores my family and I will no longer support your business. I certainly hope a tragedy like the the Luby's massacre never occurs in one of your restraunts where an active shooter could have been stopped by just one person being capable of and willing to defend their life and the lives of their family.

In order to honor United States Beef Corporations request that we not carry in your restraunts my wife and I who are both licensed Oklahoma CCW holders will no longer eat at Arbys restraunts. We hope you understand that this decision is not difficult to make there are many other establishments that do not have a no firearms policy.

Sincerely

Joshua ******

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about their policy. If it's concealed, they won't know. When a BG comes to cause lethal damage at an Arby's (far fetched?), if I am there, I will definitely do my best to eliminate the threat.

I would suggest that they are just trying to make the anti-gun liberal idiots feel better and "safer."

I have always been of the opinion that if you understand the purpose of the "rules," you can bend them a little bit, as long as the purpose is still served.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bob,

All “No Weapons” signs will be removed today from the US Beef Corporation Arby’s in Oklahoma and Missouri.

Thank you.

Kim M. Thompson, CLU

United States Beef Corp.

4923 E. 49th Street

Tulsa, OK 74135

(918) 610-2255 phone

(918) 628-3255 fax

[email protected]

I wrote Arby's this morning and received this response this morning. It doesn't say the policy changed, but the signs are to be removed. That's good enough for me to continue to eat there.
Bob

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My email:
To: Kim Thompson
Subject: policy

I have recently learned of your policy not to allow legally carried firearms in your stores by your customers. I was disappointed to hear this news because my family enjoys eating at Arby's. As I'm sure you're quite aware, most people who choose to carry concealed weapons are law abiding citizens who are very careful and deliberate with the care they take to make sure their weapons are safe. You are probably also aware that criminals who would assault us have little regard for the law or your policies. Your policies are simply making your customers unable to defend themselves if ever faced with terrible violence.

As much as I enjoy your food, the safety of my family is paramount. I simply won't make the decision to be defenseless against criminals when I have the option not to be. Therefore, my family will no longer patronize your restaurants.

Please keep me updated if your policy changes, as I will gladly change my position. Thank you.

Regards,

Response I just got:

We only have a sign up in 1 Arby’s restaurant in Oklahoma… Tulsa Hills.. I have discussed with Sr. management and the signs will be removed today.

Kim M. Thompson, CLU

United States Beef Corp.

4923 E. 49th Street

Reaction score
Yes, indeed,

SUCCESS in an incredibly short time!!!!!!

Good job all. Here's the email I got from Kim today in response to my diatribe:

All “No Weapons” signs will be removed today from the US Beef Corp. Arby’s restaurants in Oklahoma and Missouri, which includes Tulsa Hills.
Thank you.

Kim M. Thompson, CLU
United States Beef Corp.
4923 E. 49th Street
Tulsa, OK 74135
(918) 610-2255 phone
(918) 628-3255 fax
[email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom