Are corrections OK on the Form 1 and Form 4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay....Here is the story. A class III dealer was doing some paperwork for me. He made 2 errors on the form 1; ( My address and the serial number of the weapon), and one error on the form 4; ( my address). I took some white out corrected the the errors myself. Will the ATF accept the paperwork the errors corrected using white out? OR do I have to get Bryon to redo the paperwork again? I hate to keep bugging him BUT I don't want this paperwork to not be approved. $200.00 per form is hard to come by. Thanks for your help. :scratch:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id start new. Just download one from the ATF and fill it out. Let the major know what you did so he can review it and sign it When I get my form 4 back with the stamp on it I would not want white out on it

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the days before computer generated forms. When you would have to type the whole thing over. White-out and such was NOT allowed.
You either typed a bunch of x's over the mistake or did the form over.
Could you imagine the hassles of your paperwork being checked. Like at a traffic stop and the cop holds the paper up to the light and sees a whole bunch of different info that had been whited out.
Save yourself future trouble and do it over.

The address is not that big of a deal as people move, but the serial number you definitely don't want any future questions on.
They are logged into the Atf database by serial number and that is the area on the form they look closest at.

101ABN327

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id start new. Just download one from the ATF and fill it out. Let the major know what you did so he can review it and sign it When I get my form 4 back with the stamp on it I would not want white out on it

+1! They are all pdf forms and are easily corrected. Type it up again and have your SOT resign it and then take it to your CLEO. I just like to have my paperwork clean...

Latest posts

Top Bottom