Are decals on your safe considered trashy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old metal cabinet and a few tool boxes in the garage that are the final destination for various stickers/decals over the years (mostly non-gun related but some gun-related), however, as I collect more gun-related stickers/decals, I have been wondering if I should finally sully my safe or ammo cabinet with a bunch of advertising like a younger man than me would have on the back window of his jacked up truck LOL.

What does this community say about keeping your safe's exterior clean verses having stickers all over it like many youtubers seem to do.
I have a steel cabinet that was an old post office mail cabinet that I store my casting tools in that I use as a home for stickers but for my safe I use a thin rectangle of plexiglass with 6 rubber suckers on it that stick it to my safe so I can post notes, stickers, photos and etc. that way if I ever want to sell it, I don't have to try and remove them and risk damaging the finish. I also have 3 roll-away toolboxes that are covered with car stuff stickers, I think I could wallpaper my entire house with Summit Racing stickers if I had kept them all.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put all mine on the refrigerator out in the garage. I have zero stickers on my cars or bikes.

1666364302930.png

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My big tool box in the workshop gets all the stickers. The safe is inside the house and the Lady doesn’t like stickers on it (magnets are fine). No biggie to me. Nobody ever gets to that part of the house to see it anyway. Plus I just flat don’t care what they think anyway. It’s my house (the Lady’s really) I’ll do whatever makes ME (her) happy.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
magnetic vinyl is your friend

There was another thread a while back that talked about this. I’d never thought of it before that and had been wondering what to do with my stickers from various firearms manufacturers. I’ve been meaning to order some of that magnetic vinyl that you brought up in your post. Just haven’t got around to it yet.

I am a super procrastinator. It’s either all dead ahead or flank speed. I’ve been coasting for a while.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had sheets of magnet material that I turn the decals I like into magnets. If the garage fridge dies. I just move the magnets to the new fridge. As for backups. I have a LARGE box of wheel related decals from being in the business.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is not what I was picturing looking from the outside. That has to be the best outhouse I’ve ever seen. Nice work
Thanks. Funny you should say that. Whenever showing folks who have a phobia to outhouses I tell them this is the best outhouse west of the Mississippi. 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom