Are rifles redundant/Pointless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So since nobody else has asked, I will.

You said you really don't have a desire to go to the range to just shoot, so I wonder, do you know how to use the guns you have now proficiently?
You can Hollywood dream all you want about how you'll be the winner in the next ok corral shootout, but if you don't know how to use the tools you have, then your best bet is to run away.
Drawing from concealment, putting rounds on target fast and accurately, managing recoil, reloading, they all need practice.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well some people just aren't rifle people, if you can't go to the range and send some rounds down range and it not put a smile on your face, your not a gun person.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to red castle on Saturday and shot my new to me M1 garand, a bucket list gun in my eyes and put enough 30-06 down range my shoulder was sore. I'm still so geeked out that I own a M1 that I went today and sent another group down range. I also watched my 11 year old burn through a 100 cci's in a hurry in my 10/22. He is only 11 and he already gets it. I love to watch him ring the gong with a 22 and smile his ass off.
If you don't get it, you don't get it.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to red castle on Saturday and shot my new to me M1 garand, a bucket list gun in my eyes and put enough 30-06 down range my shoulder was sore. I'm still so geeked out that I own a M1 that I went today and sent another group down range. I also watched my 11 year old burn through a 100 cci's in a hurry in my 10/22. He is only 11 and he already gets it. I love to watch him ring the gong with a 22 and smile his ass off.
If you don't get it, you don't get it.
This x 100! Shooting with the kiddos is half the fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom