Are the cab steps on Uhaul trucks slippery when wet too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you filled the lawsuit yet?

I don’t want to contribute in any way financially unless there is a Class Action settlement because ‘Merica, right?

I would also like to refrain from contributing to this post mentally but I’ve already failed so what the heck. Are you seeking advice, sympathy or just like the rest of us simply bored out of your mind, lol.

Good luck!
Apparently, safety issues don't go over well on "he-man" forums. Anyway, please don't catch cold-weather injuries deer hunting in the snow this coming winter. The army taught me dressing in layers. Unless you were in the army, you don't know anything about COLD. I thought I had read the book on COLD when I took up motorcycle riding in the 1980's. The army was the final chapter on COLD for me. Here is the Book of Cold, Jack London version (I suggest sipping a hot buttered rum by the blazing hearth while watching this one just to warm your heart and soul):

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
? not sure what that means but sat out a lot of days duck hunting till i was a solid sheet of ice that might count if you have spent time on the water during the dead of winter you know cold pretty well anyway just trying to help with a little truck insight time to end this thing good day nothing he man here just people helping each other!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, safety issues don't go over well on "he-man" forums. Anyway, please don't catch cold-weather injuries deer hunting in the snow this coming winter. The army taught me dressing in layers. Unless you were in the army, you don't know anything about COLD. I thought I had read the book on COLD when I took up motorcycle riding in the 1980's. The army was the final chapter on COLD for me. Here is the Book of Cold, Jack London version (I suggest sipping a hot buttered rum by the blazing hearth while watching this one just to warm your heart and soul):

I wasn’t in the Army but did spend 20 plus years in Alaska. Worked in most of the villages on the North Slope. Been to every area of the state but the Aleutian chain. Coldest temperature that I remember working in was -55 degrees below zero w/o the wind chill factor. Other ways to learn how to survive the cold without being in the military.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
? not sure what that means but sat out a lot of days duck hunting till i was a solid sheet of ice that might count if you have spent time on the water during the dead of winter you know cold pretty well anyway just trying to help with a little truck insight time to end this thing good day nothing he man here just people helping each other!

Oklahoma is a GOP state and lawsuits are generally frowned upon in such jurisdictions. "Sue happy" is a common term in conservative areas. Blue-collar working class abounds in such areas also. Blue-collar salty types generally regard safety as "girlish". This has always been my observation. Many here undoubtedly would not even wear a seat belt in a car if there were no law against driving beltless.

Let me tell you a short story of where I'm coming from. Back in 2017 I needed my car towed. This was in Boise, ID, a "red on the map" salty state too, somewhat. I had tow coverage with my auto carrier, Farmers Insurance at that time. They sent me a tow truck that did not even have working seat belts for customers riding in the cab. I had my car towed to a local shop a few days before that and was sent a crappy truck with no room for two passengers and no a/c in the summer to boot. There was another person riding in my car at the time. An older male roommate who was rather cranky about the very uncomfortable tow rig driven by some gypsy. I was later told I had to ask for a crew cab when calling for a tow. The driver of the seat-belt-less truck said his vehicle was exempt because it was an older model, supposedly built in the 1990's. I complained later to my insurance carrier about the tow truck with no seat belts for customers, their insured, and they told me they did like to hear that one bit. I think they also told me they would drop the contract for that tow carrier if my memory is not mistaken. I would now make it a habit of asking for things whenever making a tow call (especially in hillbilly places) and not take anything for granted as I used to do in the posher cities of America: yes, I have to now even ask for working seat belts, working a/c on hot days and a crew cab if there were more people in my car than myself.

This is the only two times I have ever had my for-the-most-part-reliable 1995 Toyota Corolla DX towed over 8 years of ownership. I had a hole in the gas tank in the summer of 2017. The shop wanted $600. I said the hell with that and had the car towed again, the next morning, to my home. I replaced the gas tank myself. Only $159 + tax from Oh, Oh, O'Reilly... better parts, better prices, guaranteed. I am a former automobile mechanic by trade, you know. The only thing I did to my Toyota, fix-it-wise, over the last two years was put a new starter in on November 2019. O'Reilly of Lawton to the rescue.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is a GOP state and lawsuits are generally frowned upon in such jurisdictions. "Sue happy" is a common term in conservative areas. Blue-collar working class abounds in such areas also. Blue-collar salty types generally regard safety as "girlish". This has always been my observation. Many here undoubtedly would not even wear a seat belt in a car if there were no law against driving beltless.

Let me tell you a short story of where I'm coming from. Back in 2017 I needed my car towed. This was in Boise, ID, a "red on the map" salty state too, somewhat. I had tow coverage with my auto carrier, Farmers Insurance at that time. They sent me a tow truck that did not even have working seat belts for customers riding in the cab. I had my car towed to a local shop a few days before that and was sent a crappy truck with no room for two passengers and no a/c in the summer to boot. There was another person riding in my car at the time. An older male roommate who was rather cranky about the very uncomfortable tow rig driven by some gypsy. I was later told I had to ask for a crew cab when calling for a tow. The driver of the seat-belt-less truck said his vehicle was exempt because it was an older model, supposedly built in the 1990's. I complained later to my insurance carrier about the tow truck with no seat belts for customers, their insured, and they told me they did like to hear that one bit. I think they also told me they would drop the contract for that tow carrier if my memory is not mistaken. I would now make it a habit of asking for things whenever making a tow call (especially in hillbilly places) and not take anything for granted as I used to do in the posher cities of America: yes, I have to now even ask for working seat belts, working a/c on hot days and a crew cab if there were more people in my car than myself.

This is the only two times I have ever had my for-the-most-part-reliable 1995 Toyota Corolla DX towed over 8 years of ownership. I had a hole in the gas tank in the summer of 2017. The shop wanted $600. I said the hell with that and had the car towed again, the next morning, to my home. I replaced the gas tank myself. Only $159 + tax from Oh, Oh, O'Reilly... better parts, better prices, guaranteed. I am a former automobile mechanic by trade, you know. The only thing I did to my Toyota, fix-it-wise, over the last two years was put a new starter in on November 2019. O'Reilly of Lawton to the rescue.

Holy cow! There was a guy in Nome who operated a gypsy cab. It had no brakes. If he saw you walking he’d slow down and ask you if you wanted a ride. If you said yes then he’d say “I’ll circle back around and hop in!” Sometimes he had to circle around twice. Same with getting out. Once you were comfortable with how slow he was going you opened the door and hooped out. It all worked out good. No one died, no one got severely injured. Best part of it was the fare. He took what ever you wanted to give him. Nobody tried to sue him and nobody ever complained to the city police. Sounds like you just like to complain a lot. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom