Are the days of "flipping" ammo about over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been whittling on my 5.56 and .223 ammo for a week or two stopping at Academy on my way home from work most days.

I'm one more box of each away from 100 of each. So at this rate, 3 weeks of collecting gets me about two trips to the range. At least it's not IMPOSSIBLE to find ammo, just really annoying.

Your talking about 100 boxes of each, right?

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart by my house had some 7.62x39 and quite a few boxes for a bit. I have found zero 9mm since November. The only ammo I have been able to find and shoot regularly is 7.62x54r so the mosins about the only thing I can shoot

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
McAlester WalMart has nothing, zero, zip, nada ammo of any kind for handguns. The section for handguns is totally bare. But we are limited to only purchase three boxes of nothing. I am able to find a lot of .17 ammo, if I just had a rifle to shoot it.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of stores are getting in the kinds of ammo listed in the op's message? Cabela's sold out of 9mm this am while I was trying to place an order. I haven't seen any ammo on store shelves in months. Only limited availability at a gun range & then only if you use it at their facility.

I can only relate to the experience I have had. 1.) Cabelas sent my backordered 22LR of nearly 3K rounds, 2.) Academy has the "popular" ammo (except 22LR) almost every day, and Heartland had piles and piles of ammo last weekend.

I specifically exempted Wal-Mart from my original post. There is something strange going on at Wally World.

Your mileage may vary.

LL

Last edited:

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've checked several Wal-Marts around northwest Arkansas, as well as the Wal-Mart in Muskogee during the past week or so. Zero handgun, .22LR or .223 at any of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom