Are the days of "flipping" ammo about over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cschroder67

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all people 40 is the new 20 when i comes to ammo. I know that we all used to get ammo from wally world or where ever on the internet for .20 cents a round. Well not no mo...that's done....finished....over....kaput, get over it. When gunshops are getting a dollar a round locally and internet retailers are getting 80 cents, the price will never get back to "normal". Kinda like gas, went to over 4 bucks a gallon, the days of gas under 2 bucks a gallon are gone forever, never to be seen again.

It is not getting better it is getting worse. I watch it pretty closely, a month ago a deal for 9mm under .40 cents would last about 2 hours. Now it lasts about 20 minutes. the average deal from cabellas has gone up about 20% in the last 30 days plus limits on cases so more shipping=higher cost/profit per round.

As long as people are willing to pay 80 cents a round for 9mm and .223, people will line up at walmart and academy at 6 in the morning to buy it and resell it. The best way to combat this is to start your own stockpile and only shoot what you have already replaced. I do not have any problems finding ammo. I post links on here quite a bit (sometimes multiple times daily) for ammo. If you want to get some, i just ordered 1000 rnds of 9mm for just a little over .30 a round, i suggest that you subscribe to my posts so that you get emails whenever i post something, i plan to continue posting as long as i find deals that are in stock. Gunbot has gotten pretty popular and the deals on there don't last more than 15 minutes now. I have several other places that report to me on stock status of ammo, .223 and 9mm only, there does not seem to be a real problem finding other calibers. If anyone wants other calibers just let me know and i will add those to the program that i use to search the web. When i post something......Don't hesitate, go directly to the site and buy it.....you can always cancel the order. I just posted a deal on .223 at 9:01am for .35 cents a round, not bad since the lowest current price on gunbot is .85cents a round (at 9:27 there is still stock). I was thinking of starting a facebook page to post the deals on, if there is enough support i will do it.****as of 9:35 the .223 deal is out of stock, but they are taking preorders for what they are going to get in on the 29th of April. Buy it...if you find some/or a better deal before the 29th of april, then cancel it. If you dont you have plenty of ammo in early May.

mach1soldier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flipping is going to get harder on pistol rounds I think. Places with it (online retailers and gun shops) have raised there rates. People buying still look at walmart as the pricing index (even though unavailable) and won't pay crazy prices. I scored a ton of ammo in New mexico. Happy driving :) Anyone need some federal 9mm for 40 a box lol.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want empty brass flipping out of the chamber of my guns. I've been asked to track down some .22 LR for my father in law. he has a couple of .22s that he wants to shoot and cant.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be at walmart at 6AM wait till 7-7:15AM to see if they get any 22 to put on the shelf.
What's it worth to you to have 22lr ammo.
I stood there many times and got none..but other times i did get some...
I got 1 box of 9mm on tuesday...there was 3 boxes left and some others in line needed 9mm.
I left with only that 1 box..and they had 40 and 45 ammo...I already stocked my friends up in that.
I gave the YES GAVE the box of 9mm to my buddy/ neighbor

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't really all that bad. The one and only time I went and stood around at wallyworld I got there at 6:15, 2 guys were already there. We just stood around and talked about guns and shooting and of course ammo. Time flew by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom